Thread: Wet boxes

Wet boxes

I have a 2016 ZX225 and every time it rains my rod boxes get tons of water in them! It’s really aggravating because I have to take everything out each time and let it dry out sometimes taking several days to do so. Do the FX models do the same thing? I’m thinking about selling mine to get one if so. Or switching to another brand.

2. Member
    Does water pool up on the cover? If so, then that’s the cause. Water leaks through the stitching
    Roger Xiong Jr
    Mukwonago, WI
    rxiong21@gmail.com

2018 Skeeter ZX250 250 Yamaha SHO

3. Member
    No I’m talking about while fishing in the rain or the other day I was driving home and went through a storm and when I got home the 3 front boxes had water in them. I keep my boat in the garage

4. Member
    Try tightening the latches. I had this issue on a couple boats after I had the boat for a year. The carpet compresses after awhile and they need to be snugged up. Also, the screws in the frame system loosen up or break. You can back them out, put some silicone, then tighten back up.

5. Member
    water comes from the hinges/screws or latch area. you can use silicone in both areas to help. frustrating for sure

6. Member
    I have a 2015 that does the same thing. If you look at the front right corner (port side) and left front corner (starboard side) of each box you will see a hole that goes into the box. So, every time water runs off of the front deck into the crease between the deck and rod lockers it goes down that hole in to the rod box. I have put tape overt the holes in hopes that it may stop it. I hope this makes sense to you.

7. Member
    I checked and mine has the same holes but they have a tube connected that runs down into the hull and not the rod boxes. I guess I’m gonna have to spray some water on it and see where it’s coming from??

8. Member
    Mine gets water in with the cover on. Frustrating for sure.