little lakes are fun

Got out and fished a little 200 acre lake today, first fish was 4.9 on my scale. Picked up a bonus smallmouth as well 5 or 6 more largemouth. Was looking for beds, but didn't see any with fish on them. Was a few that looked fanned out though. All the fish were in less than 5 ft of water, biggest 1 in about 2ft. Water temp was 53-59 when I left. Have caught 1 over 4lbs every trip to that lake this year, which is really rare for there. Buddy has caught a few good ones there as well.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

2. Member
    I did not catch any big ones but fished a small TM only state SRA close to my house Sunday and caught over 40. Even without any good ones, was fun to just get bit after the year I’ve had so far. First time I have been there in 15 years or more. I’ll eventually figure out where the good ones live.

Some of my fondest fishing memories are from small 3 to 5 acre lakes or ponds in small aluminum boats. But this old body wouldn't take what it takes to do that anymore, plus I've gotten pretty spoiled with the bigger glass boats.