So proud of the meat fishermen at Boggs.

As soon as a fish nears 14" someone has to have a sandwich.

Last fall we were catching 3-5 keepers every trip out of 10-15 fish. Some were near 3lbs.

Wednesday we estimated we had 60 fish, 0 over 14".

Went back Friday and kept a better count. Had 77 bass with 3 being over 14". How did they miss those 3 ????

2. Banned
    That would be an unreal lake to put one of those 15-21” slots or something like that. That lake would be one people traveled for to fish. That lake just has the capability.

3. Member
    Should have been counting how many boats on 600 plus acres vs how many Amish can you legally get in a boat when you see them. Friend of mine saw 12 on a pontoon so how many limits can they keep? That lake is being raped.

4. Member
    It is getting raped....the city of Loogootee is laughing all the way to the bank!

I once was culling and an Amish on the bank asked me for the culled fish. The look I got when I put it back in the water was priceless.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    I once was culling and an Amish on the bank asked me for the culled fish. The look I got when I put it back in the water was priceless.

I did that at Patoka once over at the Southlick ramp, a group of 4-5 people were fishing from the rip rap as I pulled up to the dock, I had 3 good fish that ranged from 3-4lbs...... the look on their faces as I dropped each one back in the water was priceless

7. Banned
    Took my 5 yo. Son with me to Shipshiwana lake Monday evening expecting to catch the usual pigs and needless to say both ramps was pretty much taken completely up with horse and buggies literally. You know it's bad when a 5 year old is disappointed from catching nothing but 8-12 in. Bass. It's a shame because it was definitely one of the best big bass lakes in the state. Not uncommon to catch 5-7 pounders. And this time of year 20-40 keeper days 3-4 pounds average.
    Last edited by BigEBullet; 05-08-2019 at 07:16 PM.

8. idbefishing
    Didn't they drained the lake a couple yrs ago, killed all the big fish? removed all the shads that made the fish fat?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Didn't they drained the lake a couple yrs ago, killed all the big fish? removed all the shads that made the fish fat?
    They did not cut the dam and only opened the gate on the dam and could only drain so much water out of it leaving large deep pools in the middle filled with fish and shad. When they poisoned the lake, the poison didn’t work it’s way to the bottom of the water left in the deep areas. Not all shad or fish were killed out before restocking. In April, they had a USA bass tourney on it, some nice large bass 3 and 4 and 2 at 5 pounds plus were weighed in. Last Sat. They had another USA 25 boat tourney. Largest fish weighed in was 2.7 lbs and total weigh in for 5 fish was 4 plus pounds less than April’s weigh in for 1st place. Fishing pressure will take its toll on that small lake and is already. It’s nothing to see 35-40 boats on it thru the week days now with weekends more.

10. idbefishing
    Folks will back off and it will be good again in 5 yrs. It will then be great for a few yrs then they will complain about it again. They will half ass drain the lake, half ass try to kill the shad again.

11. Member
    I don’t think the fishing will last 5 yrs as there is too much pressure and you have the Amish pounding it as they now own all the farms around it and all over. They have all but totally ruined Dogwood and it has way more cover in it than Boggs. And the county’s advertising the park and lake has been ramped up the past couple of years in the various sports shows etc. Just have to see how it all works out for this 600 acre small lake.

12. Member
    58 vehicles with trailers in parking lot today at 12:30 pm, 18 boats/pontoons in slips, and I have no idea how many boats tied up at campgrounds as didn’t check. If that isn’t fishing pressure, I don’t know what is!

13. Member
    That is nuts! People complain about the fishing pressure on the local ‘big’ lake. It is 315K acres and at times I am the only boat as far as I can see.