Talon wiring for disconnect, fuse, battery and alarm

In the last couple of years I have had 3-4 people ask me for help with wiring their Talons so I made a picture with instructions. It is recommended to wire Talons thru a disconnect. This eliminates any parasitic amp draw while not in use plus it will eliminate any accidental deployments while not in use. I will provide a link to the disconnect I used. It has more than enough load rating to carry two talons so one disconnect is all you need even if you have two talons. Just double the + white wires on the disconnect post. Plus you could add GPS or any other accessory that might have a parasitic amp draw while not in use.

link to disconnect...https://www.amazon.com/Marine-Batter...gateway&sr=8-6

There is multiple disconnects that will work but just make sure they have appropriate DC amp rating.

Even though my detailed instructions are for Talons the same principle applies to Power Poles. With PP's you don't have the alarm option but the wiring of the +,-,disconnect, fuse and battery are the same. I will be sending a PM to a moderator requesting this be pinned as a sticky thread at the top of the shallow water anchor forum.

gene post.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 12-27-2019 at 03:30 PM.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    We recommend the same Battery disconnect mentioned above to our customers for Power Pole installs.