Question for Those with RT188 and Power Pole

I would like to add the Ranger allowed Power Pole to my RT188. I have three type 27 batteries and a three bank charger in the bilge area. I have never looked at the "equipment" end of a Power Pole. Will any electrical components and the hydraulic components for the Power Pole still fit in my bilge area.

I'm already using one of the rear storage compartments for the oil reservoir for the Etec. I don't want to use the other one for any Power Pole components if I can avoid it.

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    You may have to rearrange your batteries, I know mine came in ridiculous spots from the Triton factory. Without a pic of your bilge area it’s hare to say but I have no doubt you’d be able to make room. There’s a single hydraulic pump and 2 lines for the Power Pole.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

This pic is from a factory install. It appears to be on the left side of the transom brace. Not sure what the tank is sitting on but my automatic bilge pump is in this location so there may be a bracket holding it above the bilge pump.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Th is is another factory install, it appears that they moved the battery charger to the left side and placed the pump on the right. This is also a different battery charger, it is thinner, which may have been needed for clearance on the left side.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

5. Member
    Bill always comes through on anything Ranger tin. Thanks again!!

I mounted mine on the transom brace. It has been fine for the past couple of years.