Is quicksilver 25w 40 ok for 4 cylinder Verado?

Title pretty much sums it up. Tired of paying for the mercury oil when quick silver is here at about half the price.Is it ok for an L4 200hp verado to use?

That is what mercury told us would be proper to run in our 200 Verado L4. If ever in doubt, shoot em an email, they will tell you exactly what you want to know. I get it from wally world by the gallon.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tayzak15 View Post
    Title pretty much sums it up. Tired of paying for the mercury oil when quick silver is here at about half the price.Is it ok for an L4 200hp verado to use?
    YES.

It's the exact same oil, Quicksilver IS Mercury. Smile all the way to the counter knowing you're getting exactly the same product. Mercury branded product is only sold from Mercury authorized outlets. Quicksilver can be found at numerous non-Mercury retailers.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Yes, though I will note that "Mercruiser" oil was replaced by "Fourstroke Oil" some time ago. Perfectly acceptable, however.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor