Thread: Ignition issue

Ignition issue

I have a 2100 and at some point the previous owner installed an electronic keypad ignition (Merc Part # 87-859659A1) in place of the keyed ignition. The other day went to start boat, and ignition is dead. After trouble shooting, determined the issue is definitely either the ignition or control box. I'm going to replace with a standard Keyed Ignition.

Question I have, what I easiest way to get under there and take the old one out? It is a tight fit to get hands between location and gunnel of boat
    2002 gambler 2100
    2008 250 proxs

2. Member
    Do you have a picture of the new switch in the boat?

3. Member
    Do not, however it is in the same location as the keyed ignition was. Just in front of the shifter, on the panel the wraps to the dash, to the right of the flasher. I have the "cubby" that sits along the gunnel to the right of my hot foot, I know it needs to come out.
    2002 gambler 2100
    2008 250 proxs

4. Member
    You're going to have to take that panel off. The dash panel interlock with that switch panel so it will need to be removed also. The side panel doesn't need to be removed all the way, just enough to get the switch removed. The side panel has the support bar running through it on the tail end. When I upgraded my dash, I uploaded some pics. You may be able to see some pics of that panel removed. Hope this helps.