RFI: Inshore fishing at Hunting Island State Park

I will be leaving next Saturday for a week of camping at Hunting Island state park and for the first time we will be taking a boat to the ocean. I have surf and pier fished in the past but have never left the beach other than a couple of near shore charters. If anyone can offer any tips like what bass lures and techniques will cross over, I would be most grateful. I do have and will get some more saltwater plastics like the D.O.A. stuff. My son has a bit more tackle for the ocean that he will be bringing. I am not opposed to using bait and will but I would like to catch something on artificials just to prove to myself that I can. We plan to launch at the ramp on the south end of the island and fish in behind it but who knows where will adventure to. Thanks ahead and tight lines.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

Spinnerbaits (bass types will work) with gold blades - my preferred is Strike King Redfish Magic in 1/4oz with an avocado red flake paddle tail
    Jig heads such as Trout Eye or Redfish Eye in 1/4oz with a Zman Paddler Z trailer in natural baitfish patterns
    Zara Spook Jr - bone is my preferred color but any baitfish pattern will work
    Gulp shrimp for the jigheads are also popular (New Penny and Pearl are the only colors I ever needed)
    Pro Cure Super Gel in Shrimp scent to slather on the Zman soft plastic and the Redfish Magic trailer

The above lures will catch pretty much everything inshore. Reds, trout, flounder, Spanish macks, bluefish, catfish, etc will all eat those baits. The spinnerbaits do great for the reds and flounder but I rarely catch trout on them.

3. Member
    All the info above is spot on. Really any swimbait/shrimp plastic on a jig head will catch fish. Focus on docks and creek mouths during an outgoing tide (even better if its a dock in a creek mouth). Inshore is firing pretty good down here in hilton head/bluffton right now, so i'm sure hunting island is going to be pretty good too.
    2019 Xpress X21 - Yamaha 250 VMAX SHO