625 w/300xs question

Anyone running this setup? If so what prop are you running and what numbers? Ive gotta 27p Promax now. Just curious what the best prop for this setup would be. Has 1.75 torquemaster gearcase. I ran a TXP on my last Blazer. Just fishing for info at this point.

So I'm gonna answer my own question for anyone who is running a 300xs and wants some info. The 27p Promax runs about 76mph before it gets to 6k rpm. Holeshot is good with all solid pvs plugs. Have to feather the throttle getting on plane or it will blow out. Just got to run a 29p Bravo XS today. With 4 pvs holes open and the other 4 with medium plugs. The Bravo Gets on plane better than the Promax. At 6k rpm's im at 80. Bad news is the prop is still to small. Gonna try a 31p soon. Hopefully that brings the rpm's where they should be.

3. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Yeah, I don't think many 625/300XS combos were sold. Keith's last demo was a 625/300XS but it wasn't set up to run. I'd honestly think the Torquemaster lower will limit you and be kinda dangerous unless you run the rig really heavy to keep it below 85.

This is actually the same 2016 demo boat Keith had. I'm looking at a sports master for it now.

5. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I'd look for a Sporty with a 1.62 gear if you can find one. That will help with prop selection as well.