Thread: Eyra prop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eyra prop

I just slung a blade on my fury 4 25p while breaking in new power head! I have another fury 4 with a bent blade but don't want to fix it if I'm going to sling a blade on that too! What prop recommendations do you guy's have! 2018 Eyra 250 pro xs 2 stroke dual 8ft Talon's! Would like good hole shot and our lakes aren't very big! Thanks

Repairing a prop doesn’t mean you will sling a blade later....

3. Member
    Currently run 2017 Eyra / 250 ProXs with 4 batteries, Atlas H/D and all the rest of the BS. Have been running a 26p Fury 3 blade with one PVS plug "large". Both hole shot and top end very good.

4. Member
    I own basically the same boat/motor combo & I use the Fury 25p 3 blade prop

5. Member
    If your not concerned about top end, the 24 Fury 3 is also great combo for quick hole shot and acceleration.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Quote Originally Posted by Cbumpilori View Post
    Currently run 2017 Eyra / 250 ProXs with 4 batteries, Atlas H/D and all the rest of the BS. Have been running a 26p Fury 3 blade with one PVS plug "large". Both hole shot and top end very good.
    I’d like to know the secret with a Fury 3 26 because my hole shot sucks big time with that prop, I basically don’t have any hole shot. Just let a friend with a Puma try it and he said the same thing. Do you have extra vent holes in it?

I’m running a 26p Bravo 1 XS and I’m happy with it, not sure how it’ll be move it gets in the 90’s and humid here. I might look at a 25 pitch. I ran the Fury 4’s (25&26) for over a year and a half and to me the Bravo is better than the Fury 4 on the Eyra. I have a friend that recently bought an Eyra, came from another brand boat. He’s running a Fury 3 25 and he’s looking for something different due to his hole shot.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    I’d like to know the secret with a Fury 3 26 because my hole shot sucks big time with that prop, I basically don’t have any hole shot. Just let a friend with a Puma try it and he said the same thing. Do you have extra vent holes in it?

I’m running a 26p Bravo 1 XS and I’m happy with it, not sure how it’ll be move it gets in the 90’s and humid here. I might look at a 25 pitch. I ran the Fury 4’s (25&26) for over a year and a half and to me the Bravo is better than the Fury 4 on the Eyra. I have a friend that recently bought an Eyra, came from another brand boat. He’s running a Fury 3 25 and he’s looking for something different due to his hole shot.
    Don't think there is any secret to it but. For the most part I have the motor tucked in on the trim and the H/D J/P all the way down. Just a Mercury 26P 3 blade with one PVS plug "Large" and no extra vent holes. Both fuel and oil tanks full for the most part!!

8. Member
    If you're running a 2-stroke ProXS...then you don't want any plugs in a Fury prop. Any plugs will significantly reduce the motors ability to rev up into the torque range during take off. I've had my 26p Fury 3 worked by Ronnie Gilbert and it now takes off like a stock 25p Fury 3 and still has the same top end as the 26 Fury 3 did originally. You want the rpm's to be around 3400 +/- 200rpm during takeoff.

Keep in mind that the Eyra is the most challenged of the Cats for holeshots due to the significant rear weight bias. But once on plane, that becomes an advantage.

Tip...if you're running a hyd jackplate, try this for takeoff:
    1) trim all the way down/in
    2) raise jackplate 2" from bottom
    3) takeoff at full throttle
    4) lower jackplate as boat accelerates/comes on plane (should be fully down by time boat breaks over and prop momentarily vents)
    5) begin to trim up as soon as prop re-hooks after venting

Once you've mastered that it's the quickest way to launch an Eyra
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastCat04 View Post
    If you're running a 2-stroke ProXS...then you don't want any plugs in a Fury prop. Any plugs will significantly reduce the motors ability to rev up into the torque range during take off. I've had my 26p Fury 3 worked by Ronnie Gilbert and it now takes off like a stock 25p Fury 3 and still has the same top end as the 26 Fury 3 did originally. You want the rpm's to be around 3400 +/- 200rpm during takeoff.

Keep in mind that the Eyra is the most challenged of the Cats for holeshots due to the significant rear weight bias. But once on plane, that becomes an advantage.

Tip...if you're running a hyd jackplate, try this for takeoff:
    1) trim all the way down/in
    2) raise jackplate 2" from bottom
    3) takeoff at full throttle
    4) lower jackplate as boat accelerates/comes on plane (should be fully down by time boat breaks over and prop momentarily vents)
    5) begin to trim up as soon as prop re-hooks after venting

Once you've mastered that it's the quickest way to launch an Eyra
    You guys can do what you want, drill holes, piss away money on prop redo's, that's your call. I can only relate what works, and works well for me!

10. Member
    You guys can do what you want, drill holes, piss away money on prop redo's, that's your call. I can only relate what works, and works well for me!
    Yeah, that works too....just not as good as the method I was shown and was sharing.
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

Don't think there is any secret to it but. For the most part I have the motor tucked in on the trim and the H/D J/P all the way down. Just a Mercury 26P 3 blade with one PVS plug "Large" and no extra vent holes. Both fuel and oil tanks full for the most part!!
    Livewells full? That’s when most everyone I know has an issue, especially in the summer, otherwise it’s fine.

12. Member
    25 fury 3 blade, hydraulic jack plate all the way down, it will push a 26 in the winter but the 25 is good all around prop 250 proxs 2 stroke on Eyra

13. Member
    Scott - sent you a PM
    BCB Eyra 2017
    GMC Sierra 2018

14. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    Guys there’s a HUGE difference in the power the Mercury was making between 2017 and 2018 IMO. My 2018 sucked. I’ve owned 8 of these (Puma 250 Pro XS) and it was lacking in power. And in talking to a lot of other guys that trade them every year even in other brands same thing. The same 26 Fury 3 I ran on my 17 and my 19 four stroke would not get my 18 out of the hole. Drilling and working one will help but I suggest on that year model a 25 Fury 3. The way y’all are loading tackle also makes a huge difference. Hope this helps.
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

15. Member
    Run a 2018 Eyra/250 Pro XS and running a 25 Fury 3 and a 27 Bravo I XS. The Bravo is faster out of the hole and the acceleration is insane. The 25 Fury is faster on top though and decent out of the hole except fully loaded in the hot summer heat. Sending mine out to be worked by RGilbert.
    2018 BassCat Eyra - 250Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by CKEyra View Post
    Run a 2018 Eyra/250 Pro XS and running a 25 Fury 3 and a 27 Bravo I XS. The Bravo is faster out of the hole and the acceleration is insane. The 25 Fury is faster on top though and decent out of the hole except fully loaded in the hot summer heat. Sending mine out to be worked by RGilbert.
    What speeds are you getting out of the 27 Bravo?

17. Member
    What speeds are you getting out of the 27 Bravo?
    Sorry just logged back in, been busy with work and fishing. I ran the 27 Bravo at 2300ft and was running it at 76 at 5900+ rpms before got out of it. Wont take the boat over 6000 rpms, just personal preference. Also running at 24P Fury 3 and holeshot is better than the 25P in the heat and runs 5900+ before get out of it at 76+ with ease. The Bravo really lifted the boat and took way more trim to get the top speeds up, it wanted to run 70-72 and normal trim of the Fury and needed the trim to get it going. The Fury 3 is slower acceleration but takes very little trim to get to 75+, my 25 runs 79+ at 5800+ in the summer with just me and fish in well. I will probably run the Bravo or 24P Fury 3 for summer tournament prop with partner, and the 25P any other time. All my props are factory props, have not had them worked at all.
    2018 BassCat Eyra - 250Pro XS

18. Member
    Livewells full? That’s when most everyone I know has an issue, especially in the summer, otherwise it’s fine.
    Agreed, IMO, you don't need those live well full all the time, unless of course you got 20# in there. If you want to complain good. But you don't need to go over the top on all these prop recommendations!

19. Member
    Every rig is different animal and what works on one doesn't always work on the next. I've got a buddie with a 2017 Eyra 250xs, no poles, a 24v TM, and his boat won't come out of the hole worth a damn with a 26. It came with a 26 Fury, and he's tried a tempest with near same results (no water in wells, loaded light/medium with tackle and near full of fuel). He's 3.5 below pad and it's just a dog out of the hole no matter what config with plugs you try.

20. Member
    I have a 2014 Eyra with a 225hp, running a 26 3 blade (no poles or hydraulic jack plate) and it comes out of the hole pretty good. The 25 3 blade definitely had a better hole shot, but the 26 isn't bad and my top end is 3-5mph faster depending on the time of year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast