Anyone with a new 175 proxs 4 stroke?

Thinking of repowering but cant find any reviews on the 175. All v8 stuff out there.

2. Member
    in nitro forum guy had a review a while ago
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

3. Member
    Awesome, found it! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 12many View Post
    in nitro forum guy had a review a while ago

4. Member
    I'm 65 hours into mine right now. Love it so far. Let me know if you have any questions.

5. Member
    Only problem is I believe they are not making the 175 right now. Might be awhile before you see one
    2019 19trx w/ 225 V8 Pro XS

6. Member
    Finally was able to get my Pro XS 175XL 4-stroke out to start break in yesterday.

I ordered it in April 2018 and received it in late November of last year, so it never saw the water until now, as I'm in Minnesota.

It is mounted on a Ranger Reata 1850LS on a manual jack plate. 3" cavitation plate to hull. I was running a PowerTech 18P RKR4 Propeller. I was able to achieve 5,900rpm, but I was not able to fully trim out without a rooster tail, lose bite and a drop in speed. I'm going to try a Bravo 1 LT 19P and play with motor height a bit.

With a full tank of gas and 2 people with fishing gear etc. it was able to achieve about 2mph faster at top end as compared to the 175XL Pro XS Optimax that was on it originally.
    Time to get on plane was comparable, very quick.

The shifting in and out of gear is very smooth, even though it is not a DTS motor.

It's nice to be able to hold a conversation at idle and at speed without yelling.

I'll have to monitor fuel usage. It appears to not be quite as efficient as the Optimax was. But this was just the initial 2.5 hours with a lot of varying throttle and 1 minute bursts of WOT every 10 minutes. I also did a complete cool down after the first hour before starting the second hour.

So far, I love the motor!
    Last edited by FJR4me; 05-17-2019 at 11:48 AM.

7. Member
    Curious to know how your performance numbers are. I’ve got the same hull with the 150 four stroke. 47 was my top speed with a 19P tempest plus, but the hole shot sucked. have a Rev 4 17 on her now, still get 45, but the hole shot is amazing, as is the bite, prop never blows out, even fully trimmed out in turns.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ3 View Post
    Curious to know how your performance numbers are. I’ve got the same hull with the 150 four stroke. 47 was my top speed with a 19P tempest plus, but the hole shot sucked. have a Rev 4 17 on her now, still get 45, but the hole shot is amazing, as is the bite, prop never blows out, even fully trimmed out in turns.
    The top speed for the Optimax 175XL was with a 19P Trophy Plus was 50.5mph on GPS, but it was over revving to 6,100rpm's. Redline 5,750rpm's on the 2-stroke Opti.

I found the PowerTech RKR4 18P to be the best overall prop for my set up. It would typically run 45-47mph @ 5,700rpm's with a full load and two fisherman. Great holeshot and decent speed. Stays on plane at less than 20mph.

My boat is set up with 2- 10' Power Poles on the transom. I also run (4) Series 31 AGM Batteries. Along with fishing gear, cooler, spare prop, tools, anchor etc. It's a lot of weight.

The other day with the new 175 ProXS 4-Stroke I was running 47-48.5mph at 5700rpm. The ProXS 4-stroke can rev to 6,000rpm.
    I'll be getting out again next week and see how the Bravo 1LT 19P does. I also play with motor height as the nose cone on the new motor has low water pick ups.
    Last edited by FJR4me; 05-17-2019 at 11:45 AM.