Why is my X19 only rated for 150 HP?

My 2015 X19 Coast Guard plate clearly shows the model as X19 and the hp rating as 150 HP. I bought the boat used, but I am assuming the HP rating is due to it being outfitted with a 140 Suzuki and Baystar hydraulic steering. Would Xpress rate a hull based on the installed steering system, or is there another reason that I am unaware of? I assumed all X19s were rated for 200 and didn't pay any attention to the rating plate until today.

On the Xpress web site in the boat specs for the X19 it states that it will be rated at 150 HP unless the steering is upgraded to the (Seastar) hydraulic steering, so yeah you are correct.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

3. Member
    Thanks for clarifying. If I ever decide to upgrade the engine and steering, it sounds like I will need to get a new rating plate.

4. Member
    i went through this. i bought a used 2104 x-19 with the 150 sticker and it was powered by a 175. not wanting any hassle with insurance, wardens, etc. i called express and the tournament pro package is rated for 200. it consists of a 10" jack plate, sea star steering and a hot foot. i change out what i needed to and express sent a new tag to my dealer and they installed it free of charge.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rolopayne View Post
    i went through this. i bought a used 2104 x-19 with the 150 sticker and it was powered by a 175. not wanting any hassle with insurance, wardens, etc. i called express and the tournament pro package is rated for 200. it consists of a 10" jack plate, sea star steering and a hot foot. i change out what i needed to and express sent a new tag to my dealer and they installed it free of charge.
    Thanks for the info.