Any steel guitarists here in BBC Land?

I'm a professional steel guitarist, been doing it 50 years. Country, country rock, western swing, and jazz. I've been fortunate to have a career at it, www.herbsteiner.com

Here's a show I did about 4-5 years ago...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=mHc4AzEEQlg

Any other steel players here, pedal or non-pedal?

"Whoever said 'the pen is mightier than the sword' has obviously never been stabbed."

2. Member
    Not a player, but a fan of steel. I love it when I get a good steel player on a show and can just drop a 421 in front of his amp and turn it up. Nothing fills out the sound of a good country band like a solid, tasteful steel player.

3. Member
    Interesting career. I love Texas Swing. I'm a big fan of Tom Morrell(RIP). I did some recording with a really good steel player once. I handed him some chord charts. He threw them on the floor. He didn't need them. Jerry Garcia played some steel, but gave it up. When someone asked him why He said if he concentrated on steel he wouldn't have time for anything else. I love Buddy Emmons with Danny Gatton on "Redneck Jazz". Thanks for your post.

4. Member
    Thanks for the compliments. Buddy was a friend and of course a mentor. Tom Morrell also was a colleague. I'm 71, and all but a couple of my heroes and mentors are all gone. Even I am semi-retired, since I fish way more than I play gigs nowadays.

"Whoever said 'the pen is mightier than the sword' has obviously never been stabbed."