St. Croix Rods warranty.......................

So, because I have been critical of their warranty policy here in an open forum. I feel like its my duty to also talk them up when they deserve it. I broke another Mojo 7'1" Medium Plastics rod. That makes three. After you pay the $55 for the warrant and the $20 shipping you end up paying $75 for the rod. If they would let you just send them the part of the rod with the specs in an envelope shipping would be cheaper. Well, I can kinda see why they want the whole rod now. A gentleman at St. Croix called me and verified how the rod broke. He then proceeded to tell me he was going to warranty the rod free of charge and rip up my $55 check. So, to a fella named Andy Thank You!! I really appreciate that I am not poor but, what I spend on a Mojo is about the top of my budget for a rod and isn't easy for me to just replace. People like you make the company and win customers loyalty.

Great to hear. St. Croix makes some fine rods and they have some of the best customer service in the rod business. Thanks for posting this.

3. Member
    I have tried to buy a rod from them but their website is terrible and i always leave before I find a rod I like..........

Quote Originally Posted by 1nutinthewater View Post
    I have tried to buy a rod from them but their website is terrible and i always leave before I find a rod I like..........
    Feel free to send me a PM if you are looking for a St. Croix rod for a particular application, or even an all around rod. The Tackle Trap is a St. Croix dealer and we always take care of our BBC guys

^^^^ Do this. I purchased a spinning Avid X, arrived in perfect condition. Add in the best price I could find and a BBC sponsor = win win

6. Banned
    Been using St Croix rods since early 80's. LOVE'EM!

7. Member
    Regardless of what rod brand I buy I always do my best to give The Tackle Trap my business. Have been doing so for fifteen - twenty years. Impeccable customer service. Stopped by a couple of times over the years heading over to Guntersville. If Gary or Brian can't get it for you you don't need it.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1nutinthewater View Post
    Thank you! Next time i feel the urge for a new rod i will look you up!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    So, because I have been critical of their warranty policy here in an open forum. I feel like its my duty to also talk them up when they deserve it. I broke another Mojo 7'1" Medium Plastics rod. That makes three. After you pay the $55 for the warrant and the $20 shipping you end up paying $75 for the rod. If they would let you just send them the part of the rod with the specs in an envelope shipping would be cheaper. Well, I can kinda see why they want the whole rod now. A gentleman at St. Croix called me and verified how the rod broke. He then proceeded to tell me he was going to warranty the rod free of charge and rip up my $55 check. So, to a fella named Andy Thank You!! I really appreciate that I am not poor but, what I spend on a Mojo is about the top of my budget for a rod and isn't easy for me to just replace. People like you make the company and win customers loyalty.
    That happens a lot with the warranty. I think they are more than fair.
    Please release me,let me go.

I only had to deal with their warranty department one time , it was 1st class..don't forget they will let you upgrade the series of rod for not much $$.

11. Member
    tackle trap is great on the st croix dealings and can get you anything that they offer. i called last week and wanted to see if they could get an avid inshore model and sure enough they did great for me. So if you are looking for a model and tackle trap does not have it on the site they can still get it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Feel free to send me a PM if you are looking for a St. Croix rod for a particular application, or even an all around rod. The Tackle Trap is a St. Croix dealer and we always take care of our BBC guys
    Al I use is St. Croix. If I’m ever in the market for another (and I will be) I’ll contact Tackle Trap first. Great selection, excellent prices, and I’ve had nothing but good experiences when ordering tackle from them.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jay74 View Post
    Regardless of what rod brand I buy I always do my best to give The Tackle Trap my business. Have been doing so for fifteen - twenty years. Impeccable customer service. Stopped by a couple of times over the years heading over to Guntersville. If Gary or Brian can't get it for you you don't need it.
    Ageed, great people. Stopped in one morning, could have hung out all day!