Vesselview cant connect to my iphone, F100 2009

Hi All!
    Ive been scratching my head a couple of days now, cause vesselview mobile decided not to connect anymore. It did connect from the beginning. SmartCraft lights upp but the bluetooth flashes, indicates it wants to connect. But it doesnt show up in the app on my iphone. I belive i did a update and efter that it doesnt work. Ive reinstalled the app, no change. Any suggestion??

2. Member
    I had similar issues. Happened to both my phone and my wife's phone. Neither would connect anymore but our iPad would connect fine which was weird. If you are running Apple try resetting your network settings. Go into Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network. Hopefully that helps. Somehow during either the iOS 12.1.4 or 12.2 software updates the information between the phone and some Bluetooth items becomes corrupt and the only way to fix it is to reset the network settings. Worked on my wife's phone. My phone, however, had already backed itself up when the data was corrupt so resetting the network did not help as it was already saved as corrupt. My phone I had to factory reset. Happened to my connection to my truck as well. Now all is well.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FranklinTheHorse View Post
    I had similar issues. Happened to both my phone and my wife's phone. Neither would connect anymore but our iPad would connect fine which was weird. If you are running Apple try resetting your network settings. Go into Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network. Hopefully that helps. Somehow during either the iOS 12.1.4 or 12.2 software updates the information between the phone and some Bluetooth items becomes corrupt and the only way to fix it is to reset the network settings. Worked on my wife's phone. My phone, however, had already backed itself up when the data was corrupt so resetting the network did not help as it was already saved as corrupt. My phone I had to factory reset. Happened to my connection to my truck as well. Now all is well.
    Tried that and did not change anything. Also tried my wifs iphone and nothing happend there with a new fresh dowload of Vesselview app. I also removed all Vesselview hardware and started the motor without it. Put it back with the yellow terminationcap, still the same. Hardware flashes bluetooth and a fixed light on Smartcraft

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Do you see it in your BLUETOOTH options? Try setting that device to "Ignore this Device" and then setup again.

BTW... If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Do you see it in your BLUETOOTH options? Try setting that device to "Ignore this Device" and then setup again.

BTW... If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!
    afraid it does not show up in BT on my phone. Should it do that?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FranklinTheHorse View Post
    Mr:Franklin...YOU were absolutely right. I had to do a full factory reset. I was hoping not to...but that made the trick. Crazy but true. So, many thanx to you. Cheers

7. Member
    Glad to see it worked for you. Makes me feel a bit better too because now I know I wasnt the only one! :-)

8. Member
    Finally a sollution!
    Mercury wrote this to a guy (ChuckS) on this forum:

“Sometimes during application updates iPhones can corrupt the information stored in them for the device they are trying to connect to. I have found luck in downloading a free app called LightBlue. It is in the app store. Once you download this app, turn the key on so the module powers up. Go into LightBlue and locate the module in there, and connect to it. Once LightBlue has established a connection close out of this app. Now try it with VVM. I have found that by interrogating the device with an outside Bluetooth scanner app like LightBlue it fixes the information between the two. Let me know how it goes.”

I tried it and it workt! YEHAAAAA

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You may not see the unit in Bluetooth on your phone... but you should be able to see it under the VVM App.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Charles Sim
    Quick note of thanks to those in this thread.

lost my connection and the LightBlue solution above fixed it all for me.

cheers and thanks to the bbc world

11. Banned
    I had a similar issue with my Android based Pixel phone. I had to go in to developer options and change the Bluetooth AVRCP version from 1.5 to 1.3, make the connection in VVM, then change AVRCP back to 1.5. It's worked fine since doing that.

In case any Android users have issues.