Camper Serviced Before Trip??

I have a 2017 Wilderness 2750RL that I have not used since last August. My question is how many of you take it in to have it serviced before a 7 day trip? What I mean by serviced is just have everything looked over to make sure it is operating correctly. This is my first travel trailer and have only used it once. Thanks for any advice

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    You’ve probably never scheduled a service appointment yet, have you? Could be after the 4th of July before you can get your rig into a dealer for any kind of service right now. It’s even worse than boat service this time of year.

I try all the systems out and sanitize the water system, especially after storage. Fire up the fridge on one day and check it the next. Check tire pressure and propane level. Try out AC. Flush out the water system, follow the sanitization process in the manual and the flush again and hook up the water from your hose. Make sure you don’t have any leaks and that water runs from all the hot and cold faucets. Fire up the water heater and see if it works. Stove just takes a second.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    I try all the systems out and sanitize the water system, especially after storage. Fire up the fridge on one day and check it the next. Check tire pressure and propane level. Try out AC. Flush out the water system, follow the sanitization process in the manual and the flush again and hook up the water from your hose. Make sure you don’t have any leaks and that water runs from all the hot and cold faucets. Fire up the water heater and see if it works. Stove just takes a second.
    I've always done my own de-winterization too and that about covers it but I'd add check the battery levels and charge it and run the heater. You may not be able to check the AC without a generator though....

Tom

4. Member
    I had it serviced in December before putting in storage. Called my local RV dealer and he said I can bring it in as early as next week.

5. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    I'd add test the power slideout/awning/leveling jacks to this and do it 2-3 weeks before you leave so if any issues pop up, you can get them addressed before you leave.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax