Hub kit for 200hp Pro XS four stroke

I will picking up the new boat with a 200 hp Pro XS V8 ( # 2B591233) and want to use a Tempest + prop 19 pitch. What hub kit should I b using ? Prop comes with kit # 840389K06.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You can use that hub... OR you can use the SSR Hub Kit (Preferred as it absorbs considerable clutch rattle and makes for smoother shifting). See FAQ section for some info on these.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Will my motor have a 1 inch prop shaft or a 1.25 inch shaft? ( # 2B591233)

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Trick Question (just kidding, but I've seen information with BOTH answers).

Shown as a 5.44" DTS Model. Traditionally the 5.44 Gearcase comes with the 1.25" Propshaft (that's what I suspect you will get). That is, however, an educated guess.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

The 200 v8 pro xs that I have has the 1.25” shaft

6. Member
    Yes it's a DTS model so it should be 1.25'' prop shaft. Still will wait and see. Getting the boat wednesday.

Thank you sir.

7. Member
    The SSR Hub kit really makes a difference. I installed one running a Tempest and it took all the clunk & rattle out.
    Egret Moccasin 210 Mercury 225

8. Member
    The only issue with these hub kits that it's a real pain to remove once installed and used. You almost need to press them out. Not good for quick on the water service if you spin a hub.
    My only complaint about it even if you grease the rubber part and prop interior up!
    Egret Moccasin 210 Mercury 225

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    General rule of thumb is that the SSR hub kit will normally remain with the prop it's installed into, for that reason.