Should I blueprint it or not?

I have 2- 25T1s. One that I had fixed and blueprinted by Mark (perfect) and a stock one that needs repaired at the moment. My original plan was to save the stock one that had a little roughness on it for running when my chances of getting in the bottom or hitting something are higher and do my best to keep the blue printed one pretty. Now my rough one is in need of repair from idling over a rock pile. Should I drop the extra coin to blue print it and just make the one I am running now my dirty prop when it gets torn up or just have my stock one repaired and keep it as my dirty prop?
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

2. Member
    Blueprint it then quit banging a $800 prop off rocks. If you absolutely have to have a prop to bang up buy a 25 tempest off the boards here for a couple hundred dollars. It'll run close enough to the t-1 and won't cost so much to replace when you knock an ear off of it.

3. Member
    I don't know about you guys, but I won't run any prop that has even a tiny nick.

I look at it this way any prop that is less then perfect vibrates and causes gear case and prop shaft damage. To me it's never worth the risk of lower unit damage to run a out of tune prop.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    A tiny nick wont cause vibration enough for gear case/prop shaft damage. The prop repair place you go to must love you....

5. Member
    I guess it depends on where you live.

Many of us fish river systems and stump infested waters or don’t fish at all.

I would go broke from prop repair bills and inventorying 4 to 6 props if I refused to run a prop that had a nick or two in it.
    You Don't Know what you Don't Know until you Know.

1984 Champion 201/Yamaha 175
    1986 Ranger 390v/Yamaha 200
    2002 Viper Cobra Coosa 216/Mercury 225EFI
    2002 ProSports ProKat 2200/Twin Yamaha 150HPDIs

Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    Blueprint it then quit banging a $800 prop off rocks. If you absolutely have to have a prop to bang up buy a 25 tempest off the boards here for a couple hundred dollars. It'll run close enough to the t-1 and won't cost so much to replace when you knock an ear off of it.
    Only gouged up 2 in 16 years fishing shallow 130 days a year under all conditions... cant complain. There are a few rivers I fish occasionally that I tend to bottom out on take offs and running into creeks.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole