Thread: Alarm issues

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Not yet tried wiggling wires , would the thermostat s be bad can you take them out and run the motor without them ?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the bull View Post
    Not yet tried wiggling wires , would the thermostat s be bad can you take them out and run the motor without them ?
    DO NOT remove the thermostats and run the motor.

3. Member
    Any suggestions

4. Member
    Any suggestions
    Posts #18 and #20 performed?

5. Member
    Those two things wouldn't make it get hot would it

6. Member
    What instrument are you using to determine that the motor IS "hot"? What is the exact temperature, in farenheight, of both thermostat covers, when the boat alarms?

7. Member
    Pulled thermast s one looked brand new other looked used 143f on them put in boiling water one opened up around 143 the other was barley opening around 200 + took it out today no alarms ran it pretty hard gps said 72 ,headed back to ramp idled in way past dock and back water peeling luke warm bath water still no alarms no misses or lights . I guess I'm good what you think ?

8. Member
    What does the temperature gauge indicate?

9. Member
    I'm not sure what your asking

10. Member
    What is the operating temperature of the motor currently? You stated before that the motor was "hot".

11. Member
    I don't have a temp gauge just by feel of the water coming out of pee hole . Used it the other day checking things new pump new thermostat one bad other good replaced bad one ran fine no alarms thought I was good to go . Used for tournament yesterday put in idled around 20 min no alarm ran 12 miles at high rpm no alarms stopped fished later ran 5 miles to another spot had to run to run low rpm to idle up in creek alarm off and on .Then when running to dock was hard to get on plane with the same alarms that you posted im at a loss in what to do .?
    Last edited by the bull; 05-19-2019 at 10:56 AM.

12. Member
    Anyone else have this issue

13. Member
    Here you Go.....

14. Member
    Explain your procedure when disconnecting the tan and blue wires for a test do you run it down the lake in muffs or ? Boat will run fine like my posts says and then give crazy alarms

15. Member
    Explain your procedure when disconnecting the tan and blue wires for a test do you run it down the lake in muffs or ? Boat will run fine like my posts says and then give crazy alarms

16. Member
    You need to know the temperature of the motor, when the alarm goes off. If the motor is Hot, then the alarm IS doing its job.

17. Member
    So what will disconnecting the the tan and blue wires test do and what process do I need to follow this is what Im asking

18. Member
    Please explain post 18 is this with motor running on muffs on lake etc

19. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I don't have a temp gauge just by feel of the water coming out of pee hole . Used it the other day checking things new pump new thermostat one bad other good replaced bad one ran fine no alarms thought I was good to go . Used for tournament yesterday put in idled around 20 min no alarm ran 12 miles at high rpm no alarms stopped fished later ran 5 miles to another spot had to run to run low rpm to idle up in creek alarm off and on .Then when running to dock was hard to get on plane with the same alarms that you posted im at a loss in what to do .?
    This is not an acceptable method of checking temperature. The average Human Male will instinctively remove his hand from water that is 130 degrees F. So it's very hard for you to ascertain temps that should be in the 140-155 degree range with your "hands".

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12