Thread: Thrasher Blanks

Thrasher Blanks

Anyone tried these? I just got a bug up my ass and ordered a handful of their composite blanks.

2. Member
    So I ordered some blanks from these guys and compared some to some rods I had built and blanks in the shop. One of them felt real familiar and I checked it against a Shikari FS804 that I cut down to 7'6" way back when...dead on. Anyway, called the guy today (think his name was Jason) and asked if they had Shikari mandrels and he said yep. Price on these is right too. Think it was $64. Pretty sure the model was BS7806. I can check, I got 1 of the BS's in every power from 1-8

Very interesting...just curious if it’s something you have offhand: what’s the weight on the one you compared to Shikari?
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Very interesting...just curious if it’s something you have offhand: what’s the weight on the one you compared to Shikari?
    I can weigh them tonight, Shikari is built so can't really compare. It's light though.

5. Member
    The blank that matched the Shikari was the BS7806, weighed 2.93oz at 7'11"...their site lists the weight at 3.15oz.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    So I ordered some blanks from these guys and compared some to some rods I had built and blanks in the shop. One of them felt real familiar and I checked it against a Shikari FS804 that I cut down to 7'6" way back when...dead on. Anyway, called the guy today (think his name was Jason) and asked if they had Shikari mandrels and he said yep. Price on these is right too. Think it was $64. Pretty sure the model was BS7806. I can check, I got 1 of the BS's in every power from 1-8
    For real? Is this Thrasher using quality graphite, or provide any manufacturing information? I guess I can try to find the website. Who was it that originally purchased the mandrels from Shikari back in the day? I know Kistler was using some of their blanks out of the gate, but I though someone purchased all the mandrels. Loomis, Falcon? Keep us posted on after you get some time in with these.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogsticker View Post
    For real? Is this Thrasher using quality graphite, or provide any manufacturing information? I guess I can try to find the website. Who was it that originally purchased the mandrels from Shikari back in the day? I know Kistler was using some of their blanks out of the gate, but I though someone purchased all the mandrels. Loomis, Falcon? Keep us posted on after you get some time in with these.
    Cousins bought a good bit of the Shikari equpiment. At that point it had been sitting in storage a while. If memory serves me correct, the mandrels ended up in a couple different places.
    Falcon owns zero of their own blank making and the rods are not made in house either.

8. Member
    He didn't really provide any material information other than that the ones I got were a composite (the BSC series). When I asked about the mandrels he seemed a little surprised and confirmed that they were Shikari. He's pretty new to bass blanks and applications so that's why I just got one in every power so I could play around with them. I built a BSC805 and 806 so far, one for swimming jigs for myself and another for a froggin rod for a buddy. I haven't tried a jig or trig on the 805 to comment on sensitivity but for swimmin a jig the 805 fits the bill. Only caught a few last weekend but showed me what I wanted to see. I glued up a spinning handle on the 801 this morning before work and I'll probably wrap it later this week. I cut it down to 7'3" and I'm going to see how it is for neds, spybaits and DS.

He had some IM blanks in the same powers but I don't see them on the website right now. Overall so far I'll say that the blanks I got are for sure a really nice option at the price point at least for moving baits. I don't think they'll necessarily replace some of my go to's but I think they're going to find a spot in the mix.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cidgrad View Post
    Cousins bought a good bit of the Shikari equpiment. At that point it had been sitting in storage a while. If memory serves me correct, the mandrels ended up in a couple different places.
    Falcon owns zero of their own blank making and the rods are not made in house either.
    I know that Cousins was doing at least some of the Liberty blanks that Get Bit was selling on Shikari equipment. I'm not sure where those are going to come from now but those were always a nice budget option too.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cidgrad View Post
    I believe Falcon did once upon a time, long ago.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    He didn't really provide any material information other than that the ones I got were a composite (the BSC series). When I asked about the mandrels he seemed a little surprised and confirmed that they were Shikari. He's pretty new to bass blanks and applications so that's why I just got one in every power so I could play around with them. I built a BSC805 and 806 so far, one for swimming jigs for myself and another for a froggin rod for a buddy. I haven't tried a jig or trig on the 805 to comment on sensitivity but for swimmin a jig the 805 fits the bill. Only caught a few last weekend but showed me what I wanted to see. I glued up a spinning handle on the 801 this morning before work and I'll probably wrap it later this week. I cut it down to 7'3" and I'm going to see how it is for neds, spybaits and DS.

He had some IM blanks in the same powers but I don't see them on the website right now. Overall so far I'll say that the blanks I got are for sure a really nice option at the price point at least for moving baits. I don't think they'll necessarily replace some of my go to's but I think they're going to find a spot in the mix.
    Nice

I believe Falcon did once upon a time, long ago.
    Falcons used to be built in Harrison, AR. Jim Berhle owns that operation.