1979 ranger 168v “refurbish” $$500 dollar boat

Go th is bait a few months back for $500 bucks unknowing if the original 79 evinrude 150 or anything. With rotten wood every inch and electrical a mess I ripped out all the old wood and fiberglass (deck has bumps but no rot so left some of it) fiberglassed all repairs to hull and boat, made new wire harness for the entire boat, all new everything. Rebuilt carbs after she sat outside in our brutal AZ weather for 10 years!! With the old spark plugs and fresh gas she started on the first crank, I took a peak in the cylinders before running looked like someone must have fogged the engine which happen to probably save it all that time. The gel coat was completely gone and anytime I worked on it it appeared like I was at a strip club covered in glitter 😂😂😂🤦🏻*♂️. Now with the boat complete and the trailer also redone she’s a screamer and very reliable surprisingly. Engine still is sitting at 128psi per cyl never has a problem starting and she actually rides like a dream in rough water. All said and done the project cost me 1700 about to get the boat back into shape and 2500 total with all the bells and whistles I decided to add. Everything was either used I bought or on sale defiantly what I would call a budget bass boat!! I highly recommend anyone with the skills and know how to refurbish an old beat up boat looking to get into bass boats before dropping some serious money on a used boat, the feeling you get when you catch a fish on something you basically built is unmatched!!! I’ll try to upload some pictures from the process, I also added a deck extension, as well as deleted the front baitwell to make a full size rod locker/tackle storage since this boat couldn’t fit a 6’6” rod in the original “rod locker” but for a 18 foot boat with a 150 I’ve hit 64mph on semi calm water and outran several 200hp+ bass boat which caused the guy to question me for a while about my setup hahahah

2. Member
    Nicely done!

3. Member
    Great looking boat man -that came out really nice -and to do it for not much is even more impressive !!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    Great looking boat man -that came out really nice -and to do it for not much is even more impressive !!!
    thank you!!! Thank you everyone it defiantly helps having experience with fiberglass and wiring from all my years of car building plus being a fabricator isn’t ever a bad thing when it comes to wanting to make stuff I actually made the windshield and frame since I didn’t like how small the other ones were that were for sale

6. Member
    I did actually make my own recessed tray I just put in aswell as a allscan transducer mount for the trolling motor it’s awesome having down and side scan at the front