Thread: Keel Guard Torn

Keel Guard Torn

Noticed my keelguard is torn. I must have caught it on a sharp rock or something. I purchased my Z19 11 months ago. Question - does anyone know if this would be a warranty item? Are they difficult to remove/replace? Thanks.

2. Member
    If nothing else I believe Keelguard will send you another one. I’d give them a call. Prolly have to send them photos etc...and yes it’ll be a PITA to remove the old one. If you end up replacing it, make sure to follow the installation directions closely otherwise you risk it coming loose at some point. The removal and installation are not procedurally difficult just very tedious work.

3. Member
    If you have the $$, save yourself the heartburn and have the dealership do it. Having replaced one myself, it's one of those things I swore I'd pay to have done if I ever needed to do it again.

4. Member
    Good advice. Thanks. I'll reach out to the dealer.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick2018 View Post
    Noticed my keelguard is torn. I must have caught it on a sharp rock or something. I purchased my Z19 11 months ago. Question - does anyone know if this would be a warranty item? Are they difficult to remove/replace? Thanks.
    If the keelguard was on it when you bought it new then I think it will be covered.