Thread: propping a 206

propping a 206

finally going to a 300 promax on my 1992 206TE, pretty jacked up about it! I've got a nice, unworked 27 trophy that i can run, but will likely not be enough prop. Motor has 1.75 coned lower, not a T.Master, 10" Slidemaster J.P
    thumbnail.jpg

2. Member
    Life insurance paid up?

yeah if that motor is running good and the boat will hold it, you will need something in the 30's considering the gear ration you have...
    MORE than likely you will need to get a SPORTSMASTER with 1.62 gears to really get her driveable...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    yeah if that motor is running good and the boat will hold it, you will need something in the 30's considering the gear ration you have...
    MORE than likely you will need to get a SPORTSMASTER with 1.62 gears to really get her driveable...
    agree on the lower, just working with what i have for now. the boat handles and drives as well as any G boat. i did a good bit of work to the bottom when i painted it. What should i expect with the 27 trophy and current lower i have now?

A trophy will start to blow out at 83-84..
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

6. Member
    got it rigged and took it out yesterday. Ran 80.4 @6000, started chine-walking at 77. Motor is set too low(2.875" below pad) i'm going to have to mount motor higher on plate, as i have used all the travel the plate has. 80 is plenty fast for me, boat cruises rock steady at 74, this is with a stock 27 Trophy. I would still like to try a Bravo.G Boat with 300 resized.jpg

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    Life insurance paid up?

8. Member
    bought a 28 Bravo, will put PVS holes in it give it a try.