Thread: Stay Safe...

Stay Safe...

Hope you and your families are home safe and your enjoying these storms. Got to say, it's been cool going through these storms. It's been a while since I've seen thick clouds, lightning, thunder, and massive rain drops.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Going north of us, but looks like you guys in the metro mess and north are in for a ride. Welcome to spring time in TX, AJ

Thanks Reggie

4. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    This year we stayed in Texas until mid-April for the first time and a couple of the storms that passed through the Toledo Bend area were both spectacular and a little unnerving at the same time. And we learned quickly that we should pay attention when a tornado watch turns into a tornado warning.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

All safe here in PP...we had some gnarly lightning and thunder shows until 1:30 AM. Heck one thunder clap was so loud it shook our house.

We're quickly learning that we need an emergency radio as our warning system as DirectTV is junk in the hard rain.

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    We're quickly learning that we need an emergency radio as our warning system as DirectTV is junk in the hard rain.
    Don't know if you're close enough for an attic antenna, but that is what I have so that I can switch to it for local channels if rain blocks the DTV signal.

7. Banned
    I have dish in the living room. A cheap antenna from walmart on the tv in the bedroom. Dish goes out during any rain

Storming big time in Abilene.. Pouring rain!!!!

Sitting on the boat ramp waiting for this storm to pass, looks clear behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Sitting on the boat ramp waiting for this storm to pass, looks clear behind it.
    And it did!!!

Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    All safe here in PP...we had some gnarly lightning and thunder shows until 1:30 AM. Heck one thundoer clap was so loud it shook our house.

I guess I have lived here to long. I turn off all weather alerts on my phone and I have one of the fancy weather alerts things some where around here. I figger if it is the big one, it’s time to go. Storms are just that. Storms. That just means CorkPuller has to earn his money.

Yeah, there's an antennae in the attic. So that's what that's for...now I just need to figure out how to use it. AHHAHAHAHAHA

13. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    In my rooms, there are 2 Type F connectors on each wall plate, one for DTV and one for the antenna.

I know this is a lill old now but I got caught on the lake in the storm. The weather came about 3 hours before my weather App said it would. I power poled down under a bridge and tried to wait it out but there was no end in sight so I just waited for all the red to go away and hauled the mail when the green finally came on the radar. It was a little freaky. I hate lighting when on the lake

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

That's some scary stuff...Had this happen a few times while fishing.