Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Maiden voyage is still pending, but had some fun rigging up the Garmin and Livescope. Not as bad as I expected, a couple interesting spots running the wires. Had to add a second larger hole in the trolling motor tray to run the wires, but preferred that over the metal bow or floor areas. Don't ya hate when you run a wire, then the second one, and go to reassemble and the first one was over the TM cable and had to be under....

Here's a few more pictures, since there is never enough pictures on the Tin boards

Broke my wallet, so only one Garmin to start with an extra base setup that I will switch between bow and console.

Livescope installed on Ultrex

Left side of the garage is play side with my setup for building MHX kits and eventually hoarding tackle once I learn what works here in Texas

Dealer installed power pole brackets for future install at no additional labor. They wanted to move the engine height prior to pickup so that was pretty cool. Never had a SHO, very excited! Also I kept the Lowrance 7 Hook and mounted the GT52 transducer in its old spot and moved the old transducer up and to the right a touch so the Garmin is unobstructed. Thought about doing the 93sv in-dash but couldn't bring myself to buy any of those mounts when they cost over 30 percent of the unit itself. I'm a happy with the simplicity of RAM mounts, used them for years.

Rounding out the other side of the garage. My sales rep from the dealer actually just dropped off a bicycle seat for me to swap out one of the fold downs, weird that the unit was ordered with two fold downs.

I'm itching to get it out, but will happily move tackle around in it and do my 5th coat of slick mist while waiting

2. Member
    Mine came with two fold down seats also, that must be standard from the factory!

Nice garage and boat

3. Member
    Results from the first two trips -

First trip was a nasty 15-20mph wind on the south end of lake Houston. Daughter and I did the first hour of engine break in at slow speed. Started the second hour getting on plane and called it after 15 minutes of getting beat up and soaked in the white caps.

Finished the break in today under much better conditions. After the two hour mark, we did our first full throttle run. 2 people, full tank, light gear, hit about 5600 rpm and 54.4 mph (gps). There may have been a some trim left but unfortunately the water pressure gauge didn’t work from the start and I wasn’t going to push my luck.

Intial observations -
    The hole shot is the best I’ve ever had. It’s just impressive how it jumps up.
    Gonna take some seat time driving in the rough stuff, got soaked.
    Got some type of small leak in the bulge area. About half a gallon over a few hours. Not a big deal but always a PITA to track down.
    Disappointed in how wet the passenger glove box gets.
    Overall a fun ride and lots of room. Paired with the Ultrex and Livescope should be a great fishing machine for years to come.

4. Member
    Check the drain plug. I had a little water in mine once... i took the plug out and put it back in. No more leaks and now i make sure the plug is seated good!

Can somebody steer me to where i can buy some of that rubber mat material thats on the transom?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Nice!
    You need support pole (bracket) on Ultrex though.

7. Member
    Thought about that. Will have to look into it. Wasn’t sure if it would work on this setup.
    Good looking out though thanks!

8. Member
    Pull the drain plug, and put a little marine grease on the o-ring. That’ll take care of any seepage you might be getting through there.

9. Member
    Congrats & good luck nice looking rig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12