Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Transducer not connected. (Live scope)

Used my live scope about a month now. Saying transducer not connected now. Is there something im doing wrong or should i call garmin thanks

2. Member
    If you might have been using the simulator, you have to turn the simulator off after use. I found out the frustrating way.

I called a Garmin on the same. They really didn’t have any answers. I haven’t had it in the water yet. I’ve been told by the dealer that livescope will activate when in the water. We will find out this weekend.
    18 Ranger 521L 50th Anniversary Ed /Evinrude G2 250HO

4. Member
    Same on mine. Works when in water. Is a pain to try to play with settings in the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by angolajones View Post
    Same on mine. Works when in water. Is a pain to try to play with settings in the garage.
    Simulator mode, also depending on what unit you have you need to update the software according to the livescope installation instructions
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

6. Member
    I had an issue where I used the simulator before taking it out on the water. There are multiple Livescope pages. I had it on the wrong one. Look for multiple Livescope options. I had made all of my combos using the wrong one and had to redo everything.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lovvorn View Post
    I called a Garmin on the same. They really didn’t have any answers. I haven’t had it in the water yet. I’ve been told by the dealer that livescope will activate when in the water. We will find out this weekend.
    LOL the dealer told you that? Id be looking for a new dealer that actually knew what he was talking about.

My Livescope works just fine in my garage. I spent a good part of yesterday setting up combos, adjusting screen options, etc etc. The screen on ALL of the sonar pages will look odd because your out of the water, so no returns, no depth reading, etc, but its working just fine.

No way it needs to be "activated" by putting it in water. Thats just silly season stuff.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

8. Member
    Check the voltage to the battery powering the livescope module. Out fishing one day, had the same Transducer not connected message. The Echomap unit was on but I was seeing Transducer not connected. The voltage had dropped to 10.6 volts. Bought a new battery, problem solved. The Echomap unit and livescope module are connected to the same battery.

So how can I reconnect the Livescope transducer? Voltage is 13.2. There is no Sonar icon to select. Garmin says could be the box.
    The unit is a 1242xsv. Problem seemed to begin with a livescope update. 2.0

10. Member
    I have the exact same problem. It only does it when I first turn it on when I get to the lake. I have to power it down and disconnect and reconnect the power cable at the black box. Then it will connect to the transducer.
    Or you can take out the fuse and replace. I cant figure out what that's all about??

Here's a good one. I accidentally left it on last night and a gremlin came in and fixed it. I have no idea why but on to the lake for the first run.

12. Member
    I used to have this happen a lot. Here is what worked for me. I used Caig Deoxit D5 and cleaned all my cable connections, then put some dielectric grease on them. I've mentioned this before but I never said how I used it. I use sponge tipped Q-tips. I don't spray the Deoxit directly into the unit or connector. It has an oily feel to it and I don't get to get it all over the place. Then leave it for 5-10 minutes to let it do its job. Then I use a fresh sponge Q-tip to clean up any residue if any remains. Last I use another one to apply the dielectric grease. I do this to all connectors, power, network, transducer, nmea,... whatever.

Some people use other cleaners and I'm sure there are some good ones that will work just as well. If you use a no residue cleaner just be certain to followup with dielectric grease.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

13. Member
    I may have solved the problem of "Transducer Not Connected".
    The Livescope transducer cable connects to the black box. It is the largest double cable on the right.
    On this connector the alignment tab-slot is very small. I found that mine was aligned correctly but was not plugged in completely.
    The screw on cap was tight. I unscrewed it and shoved the male connector further up in female connection on the black box.
    The alignment tabs are small and its easy to not get it fully seated until flush. After finding and correcting this I have not had any more problems.

First day on the lake got the no connection message. Later in the morning it was working. Then I stopped for lunch when I went back no connection to GLS10. Very frustrating.

15. Member
    Bill. First make sure you are running the latest software. Then re-read post #12 above.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lovvorn View Post
    First day on the lake got the no connection message. Later in the morning it was working. Then I stopped for lunch when I went back no connection to GLS10. Very frustrating.
    Check out post 13. I had the same thing happen to me today in the garage. Its easy to pulg the cable in part way and not notice. The cap will still screw on and feel tight, but the connections are not good.

Also, Lwinchester2's comments are very good advice. I use CorrosionX, but the same principle = protect the contacts from corrosion.

There is also a slim possibility this is related to the most recent Apr software update. Ive been reading comments on THT about people loosing sonar or loosing connection to the transducer after doing the up-date. So far no one has mentioned Livescope - its all been transducers running from the internal sonar module in the MFD. Its still something to consider as possible if you have eliminated the connection issues. Garmin is supposed to be working on a fix for the lost sonar plus numerous mapping and Active Captain issues that all seem to be related to the latest up-dates.

I have the latest update 15.0. Checked the voltage supplied. It never got below 12.1. I will have to dismantle the front setup to get to my black box. Curiously it is showing depth and the GLS pause/resume button. A Garmin Tech gave me a list to try this morning.

18. Banned
    Buddy of mine is having the same issue. It's random and total irritation after a month. He has run my unit to eliminate the unit so it has to be something in the box or software.

19. Member
    Part of the difficulty here is that Garmin came out with new software for the MFD's, and the sonar, and Active Captain, and Garmin Express and new mapping - all at pretty much the same time. The problem could be in any one of those software packages causing the problem, or it could be some odd combination of software and/or hardware - or - it could be mechanical connection issues with the box or transducer cables.

The internal sonar problems sound to me like software issues. Im guessing most of the Livescope issues are connection related, but no way to tell for sure at this point. Best bet is to triple check/clean/tighten all connection points and hope that fixes it. We are stuck waiting on Garmin if its software related.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry3215 View Post
    Part of the difficulty here is that Garmin came out with new software for the MFD's, and the sonar, and Active Captain, and Garmin Express and new mapping - all at pretty much the same time. The problem could be in any one of those software packages causing the problem, or it could be some odd combination of software and/or hardware - or - it could be mechanical connection issues with the box or transducer cables.

The internal sonar problems sound to me like software issues. Im guessing most of the Livescope issues are connection related, but no way to tell for sure at this point. Best bet is to triple check/clean/tighten all connection points and hope that fixes it. We are stuck waiting on Garmin if its software related.
    Like some above his will connect again if he disconnects the box and reconnects it. Last time though that didn't solve the issue and it randomly started working again that afternoon.

Having some experience with software I'm guessing it's a bug. I can't imagine the connections are an issue after this short of a time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast