Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Odd thing is it is connecting at random. Started off this morning with no connection the after 30 minutes it connected and has run all morning. I’ll go back this evening and see.
    18 Ranger 521L 50th Anniversary Ed /Evinrude G2 250HO

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Just do a factory reset most time takes care of it

3. Member
    Up dated unit with the garmin active captain app. Works good now. Had to register my graph tho

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    Like some above his will connect again if he disconnects the box and reconnects it. Last time though that didn't solve the issue and it randomly started working again that afternoon.

Having some experience with software I'm guessing it's a bug. I can't imagine the connections are an issue after this short of a time.
    I tend to agree, but if you look at post 13, its really easy to plug it in incorrectly - which could cause an intermittent contact issue.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry3215 View Post
    I tend to agree, but if you look at post 13, its really easy to plug it in incorrectly - which could cause an intermittent contact issue.
    I saw that but it has been checked numerous times. At some point you keep checking because you hope it's that simple..... lol

6. Member
    Had mine on the lake yesterday. Noticed the voltage dropped and when I started the boat, I had the message about transducer not connected. Ran around the lake, and it worked when I put it in the water. May be a voltage thing.

I believe is a battery issue. It’s powered by a Interstate Starter bat. Live scope didn’t come on early. After a 10 mile run it came on.
    Later the battery was completely discharged.

Was as a little disappointed with it bass fishing but got over a brush pile and I was clear how awesome it’s going to be for any vertical fishing.

I thought I had a bad battery so after changing to a AGM G31 I had the same message. I have torn into the black box area. At first I wasn't seeing the blink code light, reinserted the pwr cable and after a couple of attempts now have a slow red blink indicating transmission from the black box to the 1242. The LVS 10 l shows up on the network but still no signal from the transducer. Next plan is to apply elect grease to the fittings.

Anyone have additional advice?

BL

9. Member
    Did you double check your transducer connector at the black box?
    Mine went from getting the "No XD connected" message every time I turned it on, to working perfect the last four trips out.

Yes I did. Getting random starts then it quit. Garmin wants to replace the power cord before they replace the lvs10.

Yes I did. Getting random starts then it quit. Garmin wants to replace the power cord before they replace the lvs10.

12. Member
    I had this problem yesterday after work, glad I saw and remembered the thread, reseated the big transducer plug to the black box and problem went away....so far.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lovvorn View Post
    .......now have a slow red blink indicating transmission from the black box to the 1242.
    slow red blink means the network connection is not good.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Update. Garmin has sent me a new power cable. I’ll get it on this weekend. If that doesn’t do it. They will replace the unit.

I got the new power cable installed and tested. Booted up every time. I’ll field test it this weekend. Fingers crossed.

16. Member
    Just checking. So the problem appeared to be the power cable on the GLS10?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

I have rebooted several times after replacing the power cord successfully. Before it would boot only after reseating the power cord.
    Ill know more after the weekend. I’ve been very happy with Garmin’s support. Note. It takes several minutes for the unit to come fully on.

18. Member
    Bill - very interested in your fix. The power cable for the GLS10 is really long. I have the power distribution next to mynGLS10. Any idea what part of the power cable is faulty? Connector?

Mine was doing it often and tried reseating all the connections at 93sv and gls10 including the cradle. Last 5-6 trips it rarely did it but when it did it reconnected itself.

The post about large xdcr connector seating is something to be mindful.

Don’t know. What I experienced was every time I reseated the pwr cable the live scope would connect up.

After shutting the unit unit down and restarting the live scope would do nothing.

Garmin support wanted to try to try the cable before replacing the LS. At this point it seems to be fixed. It has not failed to boot up since replacing the cable.

I’ll give you a update after the weekend.

20. Member
    So I did an experiment.....I was running my 93sv Echo Plus with Livescope and CV52 connected the 5 or so last outings. Can’t recall if xdcr disconnected but seemed good just was working on clearer images. This morn I disconnected the CV52 from Plus and connected it to my 93sv chirp so I was running the plus unit with just Livescope. It booted up right away and seemed to be working...but after 1 minute the xdcr disconnected and I looked at gls10 and it was dead. I tried restarting twice waiting 2 minutes between starts and nothing. So I reconnected the CV52 back to plus unit and Livescope fired back up with blinking green lights. It did however switch to down scan while the setting was forward and xdcr in forward. I pulled Tm out of water and it switched to forward and worked flawlessly so I could dial in images. Work in progress.

Garmin - you might check your program for how you query xdcrs. The ”xdcr disconnected” alert on chirp when I disconnected the CV52 was same alert and maybe the permissive for gls10 to boot and mfd need a tweak.

Maybe be someone else with disconnect can chime in with if they are running Livescope solo or with 2 xdcrs on Echomaps.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast