Fishing/Tournament Day preparation process to locate fish

What is your process when you go fishing whether it be a tournament or fun fishing that you use to locate and catch fish? How do you prepare beforehand? What specific things do you look for? Do you do anything before even getting on the water? How do you choose where you are going to start fishing? ect.
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

2. Member
    I feel like we all typically know the general depths and features we are looking for we just don’t know exactly where they will be oriented in relation to those depths/features nor what they will hit. I pick a few areas first that have as many traditional seasonal features in close proximity and tie on confidence lures for season and those areas. After that it’s all about getting bit and making the necessary feature/structure/depth connections and lure/color/presentation tweaks. For example, in the early spring if I’m torn on whether they are still on main lake points or moving up into feeder arms I may target the smaller cuts with shallow flats on the warmest areas of the main lake. The idea is I can fish the point and shallow flat without ever picking up the troller and if they aren’t on the flats with the best deep water and staging area access they certainly won’t be in creek backs yet. Then just work the same process in reverse for late spring. I should also mention that I’m not really very good at it however.