Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Has anybody replaced these bases themselves? Some boat manufacturers put the base on top of the carpet and some put the base under the carpet. Ranger carpets over the base flange so it looks like the carpet would have to be cut, or changed to the exposed method. I worry that cutting the carpet and replacing the base would look bad when you reglue the carpet --- or maybe reinstall with the base flange exposed.

The above Springfield kind is what is in the little Cherokee and has been fine for over 20 years. I wish they hadn't changed in the RT.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    Has anybody replaced these bases themselves? Some boat manufacturers put the base on top of the carpet and some put the base under the carpet. Ranger carpets over the base flange so it looks like the carpet would have to be cut, or changed to the exposed method. I worry that cutting the carpet and replacing the base would look bad when you reglue the carpet --- or maybe reinstall with the base flange exposed.

The above Springfield kind is what is in the little Cherokee and has been fine for over 20 years. I wish they hadn't changed in the RT.
    When the dealer replaced mine they pulled up the carpet and hen glued it back down. It still look like new when they finished.

2023 Ranger RT188P
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 115
    Garmin 126SV (2), 93SV, LVS34
    Minn Kota Ultrex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12