Which Ram mount for the Element 9hv

Just purchased this, was wondering who might know which Ram mount is suggested for this?

Shea

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    What size screen did you go with?

3. Member
    9". Kinda thought it being in the title was enough

Shea

Sorry, just couldn't help myself.

4. Member
    It only weighs around 6#, so the 1-1/2” ball should be fine. You can always go to the RAM website and gauge off of an Elite or Helix 9 to compare.

5. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morewood View Post
    9". Kinda thought it being in the title was enough

Shea

Sorry, just couldn't help myself.
    Yep should have!!!
    I have had rams in the past and never could get them to stay in place other then the arm on they have.
    TH has the small kong, There is the one also that has posted up all over the forum that just came out.

6. Member
    RAM recommends a D size mount, a step up I believe from the 1.5". I'm going to modify my old one (1.5") to give it a try and go from there. Thanks for the heads up.

Shea

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Yep should have!!!
    I have had rams in the past and never could get them to stay in place other then the arm on they have.
    TH has the small kong, There is the one also that has posted up all over the forum that just came out.
    My RAM mount has been ok, only minor issues. Going to modify it and see if it holds. I've noticed the one popping up on here, I'll look at the small kong. Thanks for the info. Just want to mock it up and see if it works this weekend.

Shea

8. Member
    The one popping up around here is.

PRECISION SONAR'S LOCKJAW

THE LOCKJAW
    We're finally ready to release our universal mount.The LockJaw is made from the same 6061 aircraft aluminum our console and bow mounts are made out of.The LockJaw uses external and internal teeth and gives you 210,000 unique locking positions!!
    Due to the weight and the size of most units on the market now, we felt our customers needed a universal mount strong enough to support their larger graphs.
    Limited quantities available-- call Austin today 270-703-6133

$188.95

9. Member
    I drilled 4 holes in the bracket for the Element to fit my old mount. My previous was a HB 858di. The Element size wise isn't very much larger, but the screen is a major improvement on size. The weight is comparable so I think it will do fine. Thanks for the input.

Shea

10. Member
    I agree. It’s not until you get to 12” and above that weight really becomes a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by morewood View Post
    I drilled 4 holes in the bracket for the Element to fit my old mount. My previous was a HB 858di. The Element size wise isn't very much larger, but the screen is a major improvement on size. The weight is comparable so I think it will do fine. Thanks for the input.

Shea