Power pole droop

Do the new blade series poles with the new pump have the old problem of drooping or not retracting all the way? Looking to buy a new set and debating between 8’s or 10’s. Been set on the 10’s for a while but don’t want to have the droopy problem from the past.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    Do the new blade series poles with the new pump have the old problem of drooping or not retracting all the way? Looking to buy a new set and debating between 8’s or 10’s. Been set on the 10’s for a while but don’t want to have the droopy problem from the past.
    not sure of the "droopy" problem on any of the blade series, have had 8 foot cm 1.0 along with friends and customers who have 8 foot, and 10 foot 1.0 and 2.0 none of them had this so called "Droopy" issue? There was a new knuckle that Powerpole developed to solve the issue of them not closing all the way on some of the 1.0 poles maybe this is what your calling the droopy problem.. This is not an issue with the 2.0 however. Hope this helps. Happy to provide you pricing when your ready.

3. Member
    Have two 8' blades on my z18 Nitro and just last night both poles started "drooping". What I mean by that is after they were fully raised, while fishing my partner noticed they have gone down slightly. Raised them back up thinking maybe I just bumped the foot switch. Then this morning, I noticed that over night, they "drooped" slightly, but not as much as when fishing. It was raining cats & dogs, not sure if that would have anything to do with it. Thoughts?
    Michael J. Koenig

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    give Power Pole a call expalin your issue sure they will take care of you quickly and promptly

I too had the same problem at one time with my Blades as Sleepy111. During the day or overnight one would have the look of opening, as if it was not closed all the way. Had several friends that that 8 & 10 Blades do the same. Went through ( with Power Pole) air in the pump, low fluid, crimp In line, bad pump, gunk in the bottom (although they were less than 6 months old at the time), etc, etc. Never resolved the problem. Sold them with this problem being noted & bought Sportsman II. Never had a problem with these. Might not be as "fancy looking" ( as I've heard) but they have been flawless & hold as good or sometimes better than the higher priced Blades. But this could have been an isolated case, I don't know. I do know & can say honestly that Power Pole support was excellent. They tried their best to help. The Blades do look fancier but I use mine to fish, not make a fashion statement. K&K is right, call power pole. They will really try to help.

6. Member
    They have done this again since. I've used them a few times as well. Crossing fingers it was a fluke.
    Michael J. Koenig

7. Member
    I leave mine all winter and don't have any of those issues.