Thread: 225ZX owners

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

225ZX owners

Do you like your boat and what would you change about your boat or want added to you boat? Do you wish you had stepped up a size ?

Thanks

2. Member
    I just picked a 2019 zx225 in the spring love the ride , like fishing out of her and has plenty of speed for me . plenty of storage and have to get use to the new system of front deck layout but will come in time . The package they put together seems great for a beginner buts there's always something to add when you been around bass boats , Only thing that worry's me is the center lids kind of bow when you step on them . I'm a big guy so hope that its nothing to worry about Other than that Love My Bug

3. Member
    Moved up from a 1996 18 ft Champion to a 2008 zx225. Love it. Of course not as nimble as the Champion. I'm a big guy (350 lbs) and have no problem with the lids bowing. Only thing I would like to change would be the rod lockers. They only open to about a 45 degree angle and I would prefer about 90 degrees, but that is just a matter of changing the struts. Also the rod lockers fit tight. Not a problem when you're in the boat lifting straight up. When you're out of the boat they are difficult to lift. I'm working on that fix.

4. Wren
    I have a 2018 zx225, love the boat. One thing I did that helped with the rod lockers is put the bubble seal around all of my storage including live wells and works great also give more support.

5. Member
    Love my 2016 ZX225...stable ride...sports car handling...dry...incredible hole shot...just big enough, but not too big either...(had a 21 footer before and it felt too big)...I added the 2nd power pole, a hydro jacker, the communication system between Lowrance and Yamaha, the sonic hub, an extra butt seat, and the passenger console. no regrets aside from the factory cover that I got...it was and still continues to be a let down...hope this all helps!

6. Banned
    tks

7. Member
    I had a 2008 zx225 for 11 years loved the boat. Picked up a 2019 zx225 and wow the ride is amazing. As said the storage takes some getting used too but i love it now. Only real complaint is speed while not a huge issue to me my old boat was a consistant 70-72 mph full load and 2 people. This new one is 63-64 with full load 2 people. But i still would buy it again if I did it all over again.

8. Skeeter19
    Quote Originally Posted by ajZX225 View Post
    I had a 2008 zx225 for 11 years loved the boat. Picked up a 2019 zx225 and wow the ride is amazing. As said the storage takes some getting used too but i love it now. Only real complaint is speed while not a huge issue to me my old boat was a consistant 70-72 mph full load and 2 people. This new one is 63-64 with full load 2 people. But i still would buy it again if I did it all over again.
    Hey I was having the same issue. Either get your dealer or check to make sure your hot foot is adjusted correctly to where it opens all the way up

9. Member
    ajzx225, if you are not easily getting 70+ by yourself there is something needing to be adjusted. Take the cowling off and have someone press the hotfoot while you look at the throttle linkage on the motor. The arrow should line up with the line at full throttle. If it does not then your stop screw on the hotfoot needs to be adjusted. Seems like some dealers are just throwing in the hotfoot and not checking the adjustment. Also make sure your jackplate is showing 6 to 8 dots above the side plate.

10. Member
    I agree should be getting 68-71 something is a miss. My bet is the hot foot needs to be adjusted to be able to achieve more throttle. To add to this like also said above dots on the jackplate should be between 6-8 dots showing (same on both sides).

11. Member
    Thanks guys i will check the hotfoot this weekend and let you know how it turns out.

12. Member
    I have a 2018 zx225 and the boat is awesome! 2 guys tournament load I get 70mph. By myself I can get around 73mph. I love everything about the boat the layout and it's perfect size big but not to big! It is one of the smoothest boats I've driven and I have driven them all except a bullet and a gambler. My only complaint would be it's not a soft entry when you get air born from time to time! Phoinex boats have the softest entry I have ever ridden in..

I planned for a year to buy a ZX225 when the 2008 came out. I was online drooling on a dealers website that listed prices and noticed it was only $1000 difference between the ZX225 and ZX250. It was a nobrainer, that extra $1000 probably saved me a bunch as I know the 250 hp bug would have bit me. I have had my ZX250 for 11 years and no intentions to sell it. Except for one very tight motel parking lot I can not say that extra foot has ever hurt anything.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

14. Member
    Ok guys hot foot fully adjuted best i can get is 61mph it feels like i am not getting any lift. Any suggestions? I have a hydraulic plate and no matter where I run it and use trim I cant get it to go any faster.

15. Member
    Ok guys hot foot fully adjuted best i can get is 61mph it feels like i am not getting any lift. Any suggestions? I have a hydraulic plate and no matter where I run it and use trim I cant get it to go any faster.
    What are your RPM's, and what prop?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GM482V View Post
    What are your RPM's, and what prop?

RPMs if i remember correctly around 6,000 prop is a stock 25 t2

17. Member
    RPMs if i remember correctly around 6,000 prop is a stock 25 t2
    Something is way off. Has your dealer been any help?

18. Member
    Very odd. I run a t2 also and at 6k I’m 72-72.5. Ptp at 2.25 inches or 9 dots showing on a manual plate

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GM482V View Post
    Something is way off. Has your dealer been any help?
    I mentioned it to them but in thier defense I had just got through break in and told them i wanted some more seat time to make sure it wasnt me, its not me so i guess talking to them is my next step.

20. Member
    Is this speed showing on a gauge or on GPS?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast