Thread: 225ZX owners

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sll View Post
    Is this speed showing on a gauge or on GPS?
    GPS

Are those speeds with a skier in-tow?

Seriously though, it sounds like your motor's tune is jacked up. There's no excuse for that boat running less than 70mph. Mine will go over 60mph with the motor at half trim. I think your dealer needs to look at the tune file in that motor.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

3. Member
    Just bought a 2019 zx225 in April. And love it. Super fast out of the hole. Top speed 72 at 6,000rpm fish’s great. The only thing I disliked was the break in on the motor had to change oil after two hours cause it made so much oil. After 10 hours of running the crap out of it the rings have finally seared. But all in all it’s a great boat. And I believe skeeter has put a package together that is somewhat better in price than other brands.
    Chris
    2019 Skeeter zx 225

4. Member
    Needs a net storage area and a light in order to see the switches at night

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bngolfen View Post
    Do you like your boat and what would you change about your boat or want added to you boat? Do you wish you had stepped up a size ?

Thanks
    I have a 17 with a hyrdo plate and I love it. The boat rides great, 71mph with a stock prop, 2 poles, full gas tank, 2 people fully loaded. It handles great in rough water and there is a decent amount of space.

I wish that they would bring back the dual fuel tanks, dual livewell setups, dual bilge pumps.

Sometimes I wish I went with the zx250, my tournament partner has a 2018 zx250 and its quite a bit bigger. That being said, he uses more fuel than I do.

Great boat and a great price IMO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12