Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What fluorocarbon are you using ?

Hey fellas I know this topic has been brought up countless times but what is you’re go to fluorocarbon leader to braid? I’m looking to use 12 lb and would like to have great knot strength and abrasion resistance

thanks in advance .

2. Member
    I've been using alot of pline tactical lately and have been very pleased. It's made me want to use flouro again, aside from just leaders. Also, the pline halo flouro is good stuff too that I havent had any issues with. It's what I use on my drop shot set up for a leader.

3. Member
    I’m a big fan of Seaguar Red Label. I don’t see the need for the more expensive lines. The only thing I don’t like about it is the memory in higher poundages like 20lbs.

Sunlin FC Sniper for me.
    the Seaguar Invez x is good too. the Red label to me has too much memory and is stiff

Sniper for me. I'm experimenting with some other options for stuff in really nasty conditions this coming year. The Sniper has incredible knot strength, maybe the best I've used, and it can be beat for outright performance. The one downfall is that it's not the most abrasion resistant. I made a thread looking for advice on abrasion resistance last year and had several people suggest that the Shooter is very abrasion resistant. I haven't had a chance to try it yet to comment. To this point I've not found anything more abrasion resistant than PLine CXX or Maxima Ultragreen, but those aren't fluoro.

I also purchased some Hitena Bass Raptor fluoro during the offseason to try. Their stuff is extremely high quality across the board, but I haven't had a chance to put this to use yet to comment on it.

I've gone away from Seaguar completely. I've had really good luck with different offerings from them, but I've had more downright "bad" spools from Seaguar than is acceptable in my opinion. Way, way more than any other brand, and it's across many different varieties including Blue Label, AbrasX, and Invisx. What I mean by "bad" is line that I can break it between my hands straight off the spool without much effort. To be fair, I've never used Tatsu which I've heard from many is very high quality. It's just not something I'm willing to pay for.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

"Sunline FC leader". I've been using this for a few years and have been happy with it. From 8lb-12lb. Caught my pb weighed 8.20lb using this leader 12lb. Wrapped me up around a piling and then went digging under a dock. Very lucky I landed that fish. That's a good enough torture test to satisfy me for sure.

7. Member
    Thankyou for all the feedback , seems like sunline sniper is the way to go

8. Member
    Sunline Sniper, Sunline Assassin, and Seaguar for me. If I had to pick it would be Sniper though. I don’t care for Berkley or PLine as they’re definitely thicker per pound test

9. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    FC Sniper for me. It's consistent and that's what matters the most to me.

I have a couple of reels with 25 lb Shooter that I use when I'm at Toledo Bend and flipping bushes. It's incredibly tough stuff.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

red label here. zero issues, great price. been experimenting with yozuri topknot as well
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

11. Member
    Oh, I actually bought some YoZuri Top Knot. S far so good with my experience.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Pudd legend View Post
    Thankyou for all the feedback , seems like sunline sniper is the way to go
    If it's just a leader...use an actual leader material. It's different, and way better.

Seaguar Red Label. Been using it steady now for two years, 6# to 20#, and I'm very happy with it. Only problem happens when I stretch it trying to pull off a hung lure, which in my mind is to be expected. When that happens, I cut of 8' or so and carry on.

14. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    sniper all the way

15. Member
    Sunline sniper and structure. Use the structure for flipping and dragging and it has impressed the heck out of me with strength and abrasion resistance.

16. Member
    Thanks again , sniper seems to be the obvious choice lol

Sniper
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

18. Banned
    tatsu

19. Member
    Sniper but tried 10 & 12 pound just stretched too easily for me had to go to 16 pound to make the stretch it has bearable.

20. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by QUAKEnSHAKE View Post
    Sniper but tried 10 & 12 pound just stretched too easily for me had to go to 16 pound to make the stretch it has bearable.
    You're feeling this as a leader or fluorocarbon mainline. IMO a little stretch is a benefit with a braid mainline.
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast