Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I just upgraded to the new 4s and it shake just like my 2s did.

last February I had the jack plate replaced and upgraded the mounts in the 2s. Still shook every time I was in the water. Kinda freaky when you turn back and look lol. Glad others have the same “issue”. My buddy has a SHO 250 with an atlas and it does the same thing. Maybe time to switch plates....

2. Member
    Thought i was imagining things mine shook my boat also.

3. Member
    2b776205 225 hp pro xs four stroke how can all this shaking be handled before it goes out of warranty.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by biglakespecks View Post
    2b776205 225 hp pro xs four stroke how can all this shaking be handled before it goes out of warranty.
    Bennie- if you are concerned with something on your engine, the appropriate method to address the concerns is to get the engine in to an Authorized Mercury Dealer for inspection.

As has been discussed, this engine mount design is considerably different (actually- it's TOTALLY different) from previous engine models. In rough water there will absolutely be perceivable movement in the engine.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toledo freak View Post
    Ok people I've put my hands on several more 4s and dug around, like I suspected it appears normal and appears the 4s has rubber mounts vs the opti pro xs having solid mounts! Therefore the noticeable difference in motor movement! And to those saying your 4s doesn't move anymore than your older opti pxs?you obviously haven't turned around and watched this 4s as you are running down lake in any kinda chop! It's pretty 😳Eye opening! Or just have two side by side on trailer and do a repetitive push test on cavitation plate, " night & day " fellas! With that said all is good now that I know it's not just mine, 👍
    I know this is an old post but after doing the research, talking to Merc, having Don from European also confirm this, unfortunately I have to agree. These 4 strokes are basically doing the same bounce that the SHO's do. Now is this good or bad? Well I understand the logic but man it is not a pretty picture when its rough...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123