10 Beeps on key turn {225 pro xs}

225 pro xs 2011. 10 beeps on key turn before crank turn. No idea what this means. Any ideas?

2. Member
    check all connections on sensors and switches and coils plugged in good
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    I'll check them out thanks, didnt occur until i unplugged and replugged the coil harness so that makes sense.

Motor will still crank with this alarm active, fyi. Don't know if that changes assessment but it's information.

4. Member
    report back please
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Checked connections and removed/replugged coils 1 at a time with no success removing the beeping.

6. Member
    wires on temp sensor plugged in on compressor??????????? and checked all others ,injectors also

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    3L Forum is the correct location for this engine. Please be sure to provide the Required Info when you post. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Got a post there too just unresponsive, didn't see the harm asking here as well for general ideas to check. My bad Don.

For Joe54,

hooked up vesselviewmobile and it threw this fault for me.

Screenshot_20190501-223931.png
    Last edited by jab0106; 05-02-2019 at 06:48 AM. Reason: add info

9. Member
    possible bad connection at TPS, try 3.0L with ser number may help with responses,

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Recently change fuel filter and possibly leave linkage disconnected?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

11. Member
    No, hit something and started blowing coil harness fuses, unplugged the coils and replugged one at a time looking for fuse to blow, never did but now suddenly has the beeps for this fault.

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    ANY unplugged sensors (or coils) will cause a fault, with a Four Beep, Pause, Four-Beep warning.

Your method of "checking" coils will not likely lead to a successful diagnosis. Printouts of the RUN HISTORY, Freeze Frame Fault History and Fault Seconds Counters MIGHT have helped (prior to inducing numerous faults by disconnecting items). Strong possibility that the important data has now been over-written with "induced" faults.

May have to reconnect everything, Clear Fault History and start from scratch.

13. Member
    Makes sense, Don. Thanks. May have to just tow it to service. Guess I went on bad advice in the 3L forun. Only thing I can say that might sigfer is the beeping, there is no pause after any beep in the string. Id call it a continuous beep before I'd say it was a 4 and pause. But no beeps after 10ish.

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Some of your advise difficulty comes from having several open threads for the same situation. Suggest posting one thread in the correct forum- stick with that thread until that specific concern is addressed.

Works well most of the time.

If you can get copies of the printouts (or saved CDS files), feel free to post them up for assistance.

15. Member
    FWIW

The beeping was due to cam assembly improperly positioned. Correct alignment rid the fault.

Remaining issues will be kept to 3.0L thread.

Thanks.