Thread: Lake Alice

Lake Alice

Wife is planning a family weekend trip, she mentioned a place on lake Alice, near Tomahawk, anyone familiar with that streach of river? Safe to take the 20' glass rig?
    Cheese County Bass Club

2. Member
    There are more sticks, stumps and logs there than any other lake I have ever been to. Proceed with caution. I don’t think it’s known as much of a bass lake either but I’m sure some smallies like any flowage.

3. Member
    You are safe to bring your boat. Yes it has timber in areas but Plenty of places to run. And the Bass fishing can be great! Excellent fishing lake for all species! Fished it for many years while living in Wisconsin. Wish it was closer for me to fish now.

You will have a great time. Lots to do in the area. Plenty of lakes also near by if you want to trailer over to them while your there.
    "Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught".

“Be patient and calm - for no one can catch fish in anger".

4. Member
    Thank you guys
    As always I understand any streach of the Wi can get treacherous fast, I appreciates the replies! I'll be bringing the boat.
    Cheese County Bass Club

5. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Right up rte 51(15 mi-?) is Lake Katherine - Hazelhurst) pretty Lake, nice park to Launch & swim (2 block from rte.51) and good smallies with a few Islands. I will pm you a few numbers lakes by Hazelhurst and the Muskyshop.I always trailered to 1 or 2 lakes a day even when we stayed on Nokomis (By Alice) or Boulder Junction (center of Northwoods- my pick to stay)but I find friends with Family always stay on home Lake and never pull boat out (lazy, beers or wife). It is a shame seeing there in about 200 lakes within 40 miles North of Lake Alice(beginning of Northwoods)> If you are going to search a few lakes > Hook up the boat the night before you are going to travel to fish. Buy a Fishing Connection map book for Oneida county.
    Last edited by Basscaster; 05-02-2019 at 11:01 AM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    Right up rte 51(15 mi-?) is Lake Katherine - Hazelhurst) pretty Lake, nice park to Launch & swim (2 block from rte.51) and good smallies with a few Islands. I will pm you a few numbers lakes by Hazelhurst and the Muskyshop.I always trailered to 1 or 2 lakes a day even when we stayed on Nokomis (By Alice) or Boulder Junction (center of Northwoods- my pick to stay)but I find friends with Family always stay on home Lake and never pull boat out (lazy, beers or wife). It is a shame seeing there in about 200 lakes within 40 miles North of Lake Alice(beginning of Northwoods)> If you are going to search a few lakes > Hook up the boat the night before you are going to travel to fish. Buy a Fishing Connection map book for Oneida county.
    I did consider taking the trip up to Tomahawk as well, kind of like a memory lane for me and share something with the kids I did when I was young, but with the house being on Alice and having all 3 kids in tow 2, 4 & 11, I'll probably fall into that lazy category, I appreciate the heads up though, might try Kathrine as well, kids do like to swim! Thanks!
    Cheese County Bass Club