Thread: V20 Rough Water

V20 Rough Water

I've got to give Legend a nod about the incredible rough water ride these boats have. I'm in my 4th season with my V20 (MY 2016 with 250 SHO). We ran a tournament on Saturday, and fished another on Sunday this past week, with some pretty nasty weather. 2-3 foot waves, and where never jarred by the ride. You keep the nose down, and let the hull cut the water, and it just does it's job. Still can't get over how disappointed I was to have them get shelved by WRMG. Thankfully there's still great support from Pete Dubois and staff.

2. Scraps
    Ashame. Well made and sharp looking. Love tat V20 front deck.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Legend Boats Moderator

4. Member
    I'll second that nod!! I got one of the last ones built and could'nt be happier. We spent a full week last Nov. on Okeechobee and put it to the test even making a run right down the middle from the north to the south end.

5. Member
    My Alpha 211 was amazing and the V-20’s I had were not far behind.

6. Member
    I had 9 Basscat 20' hulls, and they were great running boats. Drier then the V20, but when it gets real rough the V20 shines like no boat I've ever owned.

7. Member
    Chris,
    I have the same setup with a Merc. How much trim are you using in the rough water? Also, I can feel cavitation when my Merc tucked all the way in that vibrates the steering wheel pretty good. Have you experienced that/

8. Member
    The vibration is probably coming from an out of balance prop. I am trimmed out approx 1/3 From full down. You have to keep the bow low with the keel cutting the waves. As a point of reference, you would only run 52-56 at full throttle with this trim position. I hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    Chris,
    I have the same setup with a Merc. How much trim are you using in the rough water? Also, I can feel cavitation when my Merc tucked all the way in that vibrates the steering wheel pretty good. Have you experienced that/
    Might be this. My 2013 250 ProXS acts the same way and soon as I trim it out slightly, it's gone. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=981075

10. Member
    My Alpha 199 does the same thing. I attribute the roughness to the way the water is flowing over the hull. If the problem was an out of balance prop the vibration would be there at any trim level and would increase with higher RPMs. Anyway pretty easy to fix, just trim up.