new x 5 80lb Motor guide

I run a 98 champion 203. Had the original 62 lb thrust 24 volt motor guide on it till a couple weeks ago. I put a new 80 lb x5 on it and think it is week on power. The old motor was stronger looking for any input. Batteries are new pro guide 27 series. top gps reading on 10 is like 1.87mph anyone else running a 80 lb motor guide on a 20' boat please chime in.

2. Member
    Something isn't right, whether it is your power source, or in the motor. On an old boat, I somehow made it to the 2nd trip with a new TM before realizing that I had a poor connection in the plug. Didn't notice a lack of power, but turned it up to 10 and smelled the plastic burning LOL. I had a 80lb X5 on my Bass Cat and it was a string motor, probably stronger than the 80 Fortrex I have now.
    2015 Phoenix 819

3. Member
    I would do a volt check on wires going into foot pedal and verify voltage, if correct then it has to be trolling motor issue,,if low,,, connection and or wiring problem

4. Member
    Because the batteries are new it does not mean that they or not weak. As stated above do a voltage check with motor connected and running in the water. It could be loose connection, corroded connection, or bad battery. If you don't find a loose connection or corroded connection, then do a load test on the batteries. Auto Zone can do that. Make sure the batteries are fully charge and set for a while disconnected from the troll motor.

5. Member
    Was running on 12v. When I replaced my charger I had mixed up the jumper. All good now. Thanks for the help all

Is the Xi5 more powerful then your old motor and by how much?

7. Member
    I will report back the next time on the water. Its a x5 not xi5 in case you are trying to compare.

8. Member
    Finally got it on the water. Much Better!! I like it so far