Just a Little more speed please

Good Day, Looking to get a little more speed out of my 2007 21x2 single console . I have a 225 proxs with a 24p fury prop. It is set at 2.75" prop to pad. I had it out on a flat calm day this weekend. with a tournament load, Full tank of Gas 56 gallons (will run less next time), Empty livewells, Two people (400lbs total) We hit 61mph(GPS) at 5480 RPMs (via vessel view). Earlier this year we got 64 with same two guys 3/4 tank of gas and less gear. I was thinking about trying a friends 25p tempest prop. Will i get some more speed? The hole shot is good now. will that take away from it? Thanks

2. Member
    I have that hull in dual console with a 250. That’s a lot of boat for a 225 keep in mind that hull is rated for 300. The 25 tempest was the best speed prop for me at 74 very light at ~6000 rpm. You may have to step down to a 24 tempest to stay in the optimal rpm range. My setup on that hull also liked it a little deeper, I’m at 3 5/8” any shallower and I lost speed. With gas, live wells, gear and a partner I struggle to even see 70 in warmer temps with the 250. 64 may be all you ever get with a load and partner.

3. Member
    I would think with the 225 pro xs that you should see 70 with the right set up, expecally with the cooler temps, I'd try the 25 tempest but could be ptp adjustment as well.
    Where in Wi. are you?
    Cheese County Bass Club

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Umckibben View Post
    I would think with the 225 pro xs that you should see 70 with the right set up, expecally with the cooler temps, I'd try the 25 tempest but could be ptp adjustment as well.
    Where in Wi. are you?
    I am in the Green Bay Area.

5. Member
    The 21x2 is a deeper longer heavier hull than the x boats. More like a tr-22, 21xs, or trx22. I won’t say you won’t get to 70 with no gear empty livewells one guy and 1/4 tank but if you do with anything more than I will get both of your PayPal information and buy you guys lunch. A user here called Jonmay was from up that way I believe, had a 21x2 with 250 pro xs and has detailed his setup efforts including ptp through various prop selections. You may save time as well as create realistic expectations by picking up where he left off.

It's not the same hull I don't believe, but when I had my 06 21X w/ 225 I was running 75 with a 25 Tempest and I think I was right around 2.75" PTP.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    Very large boat, very heavy hull. Loaded with a 250 68 in warm weather. With a 225 your not far off.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtreed99 View Post
    The 21x2 is a deeper longer heavier hull than the x boats. More like a tr-22, 21xs, or trx22. I won’t say you won’t get to 70 with no gear empty livewells one guy and 1/4 tank but if you do with anything more than I will get both of your PayPal information and buy you guys lunch. A user here called Jonmay was from up that way I believe, had a 21x2 with 250 pro xs and has detailed his setup efforts including ptp through various prop selections. You may save time as well as create realistic expectations by picking up where he left off.
    I do agree I don't think the boat will push 70+ but i would like to see 65mph with a tournament load. I don't think that is out of the limits of this combo. I believe i did read his info. I know how detailed each boat to motor combo can be so i was just wondering if anybody set up a 225 on this hull. The boat rides like a dream with no walk or steering issues.

I have an 20x2, they need the motor deeper than on the x series hills. I’m running 4.5” below pad in an X2 but dad has a 05 X series and runs much shallower like 2.5” I think.

Speed comparison-2007 20X2 with 250 pro xs maxed 78
    2005 21X with reg 225 Merc max 73
    Now if dad had a 250 pro xs on his 2005 21x, he’d smoke me.
    Sometimes I need my ATV when in my boat and sometimes I need my boat while riding my ATV.

10. Member
    Triton that hull won’t walk until you get to about 68 but I agree the ride is excellent. In your case being slightly underpowered I could see where one of the better lifting props for the heavy hulls like a bravo might actually be faster. I would definitely try the tempest 25 but for you getting into the maximum hp range at ~5900-5950 will be especially important. I’m thinking a 24 tempest with some work or a 25 bravo may be your prop when you get it set up. I think the 24 fury 4 would still be a little stiff for you.

11. Member
    For an all around performing, lifting and drivability prop on that partially hull, I think you would be pleased with a 25 pitch Trophy Plus. The four blade Trophy's seem to work really well on the Gen2 and Gen3 Triton hulls. Hope this helps, if you want more, give Mark Croxton @ Marks Props a call. He's is "The Prop Man"!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass n Sniper View Post
    For an all around performing, lifting and drivability prop on that partially hull, I think you would be pleased with a 25 pitch Trophy Plus. The four blade Trophy's seem to work really well on the Gen2 and Gen3 Triton hulls. Hope this helps, if you want more, give Mark Croxton @ Marks Props a call. He's is "The Prop Man"!
    So i borrowed a tempest 26p from a buddy that Mark worked for a proxs 225 on a 20ft triton. I was alone in the boat and hit 68mph then the walk started. I can run at 65 pretty good but i feel like the control is not as good I have to "Drive the boat" a little more than when i run my 24 fury. Does that sound right for going up in pitch?

13. Member
    Pitch won’t have much to do with walk, only speed. The fury will run stiffer than the tempest. I am glad you found that much speed and lift but with that will come some walk. What were the rpms at 68 mph?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtreed99 View Post
    Pitch won’t have much to do with walk, only speed. The fury will run stiffer than the tempest. I am glad you found that much speed and lift but with that will come some walk. What were the rpms at 68 mph?
    They were lower that is forsure. i did not look at them at 68 but when i am running 63 i am only pushing 5250

15. Member
    I have the same boat. Run a worked 25 tempest. 2 guys loaded 67 gps