Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Front seat instead of leaning post

How many guys use a front seat in their boats instead of a butt seat, it’s at the point now I can’t due a tournament without having to sit down for a while

2. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    I went to a Millennium B-300 seat, its has been a huge difference.

https://millenniummarine.com/product/b-300-gray/
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

Nothing wrong with that - Do what you have to to stay on the water.

I generally don't use a seat, but I'll sit down and take a break if needed or go to the back of the boat and use the leaning post.

You have to do what makes sense for you to be comfortable.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

4. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I'm still using the butt seat, but I sit on it more than lean on it. I have an extra fold down seat that I can use on the front deck, if I ever need to.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

My back doesn't allow me to stand for more than a 1/2 hour so I use a seat most of the time but I will stand once in a while. If I am fishing a area with a lot of boat traffic I feel much safer in the seat.

6. Member
    Bad back, sitting is best for me

7. Member
    Stick steer for me. I drive the boat, fish, and run the trolling motor from the same seat.

2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

8. Member
    I have to use a seat. With my feet and lower back the way they are I cant stand long. when I was younger I would stand.

9. Member
    I've always had a hard time just standing in the front of the boat. I have to lean on the butt seat. When I need a break, I lower the butt seat a tad and sit on it more than lean on it.

I do all three depending on my comfort level, and what type of fishing I'm doing. If I'm throwing spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, etc., in/around heavy cover and need to be accurate I usually stand. And I usually start out standing exclusively, but will use my leaning seat throughout the day. If I'm worm or jig fishing or pitching or Punching, I can do that well enough seated, and will for a while if my back or leg starts bothering me. Then I start standing again when I'm rested. I find moving from one position to another keeps me better rested and comfortable than sticking to one or the other.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

11. Dogfish_Jones
    I use a butt seat but mainly to lean against. Later in the day I may take a seat for a few minutes then get back up. But I do like what the earlier person posted with that B- 300 seat. I might try that! How durable is it?

12. Member
    Had to make the switch myself

13. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    I use a butt seat but mainly to lean against. Later in the day I may take a seat for a few minutes then get back up. But I do like what the earlier person posted with that B- 300 seat. I might try that! How durable is it?
    It is very well made, it is nice to be able to lean against it but if back acts up or there is a bunch of wave/wakes just sit on it like a saddle.

Another bonus is its more of a mesh material so when its hot in the summer its a lot more comfortable to sit on, does not get blistering hot.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

Quote Originally Posted by Have rod will travel View Post
    Bad back, sitting is best for me
    ^^^^ same here

15. Member
    I have bad knees and must have butt seat mounted on hydraulic pole in pedestal closest to trolling motor. Everyone I fish with finds it too close to trolling motor but takes all pressure off my legs as I sit and lean all day.

16. Member
    Millenium B-300
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

17. Member
    Loss of balance due to 3 spine surgeries have forced me to sit . Would rather use butt seat but you have to do what is necessary to stay on lake .

18. Member
    At 74 and no longer fishing tournaments, I enjoy a front seat most of the time. Helps with bad back, knees, and legs that just get tired. When the water is rough helps with balance not having to stand and run trolling motor.

This is a far cry from my younger days when I left the seats and pedestals home so I could go faster in my Allisons and Bullets.

Enjoy your youth while you can young guys.

There comes a time when adjustments in your approach to fishing are necessary so you can stay on the water. Now I fish out of a 17' Xpress with a 90 four stroke Yammy Jammy and am happy to be able to do that.

19. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    My Ulterra troller has helped a lot, but alas, my age is determining that I sit for a while.....I used to never take a seat with me.....and the butt seat ain't getting it.....

I use a seat I cant stand very long any more old age sucks
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast