Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet20vee View Post
    My wife watches the Game, she also watches Oprah, Dr. Phil and her soap operas. I have had to pass for all these years as there is importants stuff to do in life.

Like post on here....

Congrats to Game of Thrones.. you took the title of worst ending of a great series from The Sopranos .....

3. Member
    Not the ending I expected, but it was good.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Yep. I thought it made sense and was realistic and pretty much the only way that things were going to resolve themselves without another war. Towards the end I was wondering when Braun would make an appearance but glad he did.

My wife watches the Game, she also watches Oprah, Dr. Phil and her soap operas. I have had to pass for all these years as there is importants stuff to do in life.
    Just curious what "important stuff" you have to do at 9 p.m. on Sunday nights.

The part with Bran was odd but the rest made sense. Jon going up north seemed right. Jon taking the throne would have been too easy.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

6. Member
    You’re a better man than me...I come home and see my wife watching Oprah, Dr. Phil or any Soap opera, and she will be on her way to the psychiatrists to get mentally evaluated. Thankfully I know that will never happen though.

7. Member
    But you felt it important enough to post on a thread about something you don't watch. Gotcha
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

8. Member
    I thought it was a great season with a very weak ending. Still a fan of the series. Interested in what spin offs come about from it.

I get the ending somewhat but was a little disappointed with it. I was expecting a little more.
    I will say more of them survived than I had thought would.

Man that was terrible!

It's like I said to my wife before it started last night...Nothing, on this show, ever happens that I predict", so in that respect it did not disappoint.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

12. Member
    That has to be one of the worst series finales in the history of television.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    No it was not good. This is Game Of Thrones, not a Disney Fairy Tale. I'm a huge fan of the show, but goodness it went to shit when they ran out of content from the book to lead them.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    That has to be one of the worst series finales in the history of television.
    I wasn't real pleased with it either. It seems they went out with more of a whimper than a bang.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

Would I have enjoyed more gut wrenching drama for the series finale? Of course. However, I am overall very pleased with the ending. Perhaps 1 more season to carefully bring a perfect closure to each and every character story line possible would have appeased "everyone" but frankly that's just not possible in today's climate. It was, for all intensive purposes, a happy ending! Personally, I'd much rather have that than be completely confused, pissed, annoyed, or any other form of negative reaction to any ending of any show. If I just wanted to feel miserable, I'd watch the evening news instead..

Best line from the series finale, "Any more talk about killing my brother, and I'll slit your throat."
    Last edited by foulhook3; 05-20-2019 at 09:05 AM.

It was one of a million different scenarios...not one of which would please everyone.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

17. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I actually liked the last episode. I told my wife beforehand what I thought was going to happen, I think I was right about one thing!

The final episode was good enough that I can say I’m satisfied and at peace with the series ending....things worked out as they should have.

My one prediction I think I got right; Arya is going to get her spinoff about her voyage to see what’s past Westeros.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

18. Banned
    I consider the whole series to be a good story told well, and the final season to be a good, even though hurried, ending. The final episode was enjoyable in that it wrapped up the fate of the characters reasonably well.

Potential spinoffs revealed in Arya's voyage and Jon headed back to live with the free folk.

19. Member
    Keeping in mind that they chose to end it in a shortened season, what ending would everyone have liked to see? Usually with a power vacuum war ensues but given that they were ending the series I’m not sure if people would have been happy with them ending the series with a start of a new war. I agree the ending seemed abrupt given the length of the series but I think any ending that had some finality would have seemed abrupt. I thought they may have ended it with the start of another war to claim the throne but I personally would not have liked that.

20. Member
    It wasn’t the ending I wanted. But it was a ending if you think about it. Could spin off a movie when HBO wants to.
    When They asked has anyone seen Drago they said he’s last seen flying away. He said I’ll see if I can find him. Just seems they Keep it open for something down the road.
    It will be a long time for a series to be has big as GOT.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast