Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gbsmallie View Post
    You also probably haven't looked under your bunks at all of your hull blisters lol...none of these boats are without issues, bust out another (couple) thousand...

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Parch07 View Post
    I disagree with this statement. Rather, I moved from fiberglass to tin and haven't looked back. Running the big water put plenty of gelcoat cracks in my Ranger Z520 Comanche and prior, Stratos 200 ProXL. The new Lund however is a tank and it's only sign of wear are a few stone chips from the highway. The aluminum Lund eats the waves beautifully. Both styles of boat have their place but to say fiberglass is superior to tin needs to include several preface / justifying statements.
    Yes we are all entitled to our opinion, which are based on our personal experiences. No offence to the op, and I hope he gets the issue worked out as these boats are not cheap and I do feel for him but his issue, a split weld which is a major structural problem takes him off the water, can't use the boat. A few spider cracks in the gel coat, while it looks like crap doesn't keep the user off the water, neither does hull blisters or any other cosmetic blemishes. Agree the larger pro v lunds and similar hulls are great in rough water, but so are the ranger 600 series boats and similar hulls so... like I said comes down to personal preferences. I still have a smaller aluminum boat and it is great for what I use it for and takes me places my ranger can't.

3. Member
    It makes no difference as to what the boat is made of, if you run it in
    rough water above it potential, they all will eventually break. If it comes
    from the factory w/structural flaws, failure will be sooner than you anticipate.
    LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

4. Member
    A
    Last edited by ZethKinnettFishing; 07-21-2019 at 02:15 PM.

5. Member
    A
    Last edited by ZethKinnettFishing; 07-21-2019 at 02:15 PM.

6. Member
    Take the money and run!

Lund Renegade Rivited construction.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZethKinnettFishing View Post
    Crestliner is going to try to buy me out or so they say... We will see. It really is a very poorly constructed boat.
    They take care of you?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toporanger View Post
    Any estimate of how fast you were going in the 3 footers? Curious what the level stress this boat can take. I run a crestliner fishhawk and I go super slow in 3 footers as I can barely see over the next wave when in the trough.

Do you think its the mod v design thats the issue? You dont hear very often of walleye guys having these issues and they are normally running much worse water than the average bass guy would.
    Are you doing that to catch a fish or are you part of some rescue group? Why would anybody even do anything like that? Maybe the Coastguard or some rescue organization could or should....But not to catch a fish. There are words to describe what that is but I won't use them. And don't say it was a one time mistake because the wording makes it sound like it is something done more than that.

To the OP....Also curious about the thread and what happened..... You should not just leave the subject hanging. What happened?
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    Are you doing that to catch a fish or are you part of some rescue group? Why would anybody even do anything like that? Maybe the Coastguard or some rescue organization could or should....But not to catch a fish. There are words to describe what that is but I won't use them. And don't say it was a one time mistake because the wording makes it sound like it is something done more than that.

To the OP....Also curious about the thread and what happened..... You should not just leave the subject hanging. What happened?
    Walleye guys up north do that all the time. I have seen some videos of walleye guys on LOTW, looks like they are deep sea fishing, when the boat goes in the trough you all literally looking at 4 walls of water and lose the shoreline.

10. Member
    Is this boat under warranty? Did you buy the boat used? Did you do your part as far as transferring the warranty or registering with Crestliner? Are you the original owner?

Are you wanting them to help you out with a boat you bought used and that is not under their "official" warranty? Usually a used boat does not carry the same warranty protection that you get as the original owner. That's why it is cheaper than buying new. If you bought the boat used and did not take into account the warranty details, part of the problem is on you.

I suspect the answer to these questions might clear up why you are having a problem. So, what happened?
    RT188

11. Member
    There is no way that is a crack, I weld Aluminum and have seen lots of crack's. that my friend is a rip or tear which everyone you prefer,
    2006 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX 115 Merc

12. Member
    Yeah up north its pretty normal, kind of the reason they make the deep v boats. I fish Leech at least once a year, you can go out in glass conditions and return with a 15 mph wind which cause true 3+ footers. Im just always curious about the bass models and 1 if they are truely going fast through that kind of water and 2 do they measure wave heights correctly. The distance between the waves on big water is they key distinction I think, 3 footers 20 foot apart is WAAAAY different than 3 footers 10 foot apart.

Hmmm...crickets and the original post deleted.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

14. Member
    Is this boat under warranty? Did you buy the boat used? Did you do your part as far as transferring the warranty or registering with Crestliner? Are you the original owner?

Are you wanting them to help you out with a boat you bought used and that is not under their "official" warranty? Usually a used boat does not carry the same warranty protection that you get as the original owner. That's why it is cheaper than buying new. If you bought the boat used and did not take into account the warranty details, part of the problem is on you.

I suspect the answer to these questions might clear up why you are having a problem. So, what happened?
    I looked to see and the guy was on BBC this morning and is not updating the thread and I know he is seeing it. I think he probably bought the boat used and did not want to do the paperwork and pay Crestliner the warranty transfer fee. Then he has a problem and wants warranty on it. This is just a guess on my part because him not explaining things tells me there is more to the story. Would not be surprised to find a lawyer is involved.

I hope you get it fixed because it would be a tough situation. Crestliner has been around a very long time. You don't stay around as long as they have by mistreating customers. Original purchasers get warranty that does not come with a used purchase. I also wonder if this is one of the big mod v boats with a 200 on it. I think running a 200 on an aluminum fishing mod v type boat (except Xpress) is risky anyway in my opinion. I would sure want a warranty if I did it.
    RT188

15. Banned
    I looked to see and the guy was on BBC this morning and is not updating the thread and I know he is seeing it. I think he probably bought the boat used and did not want to do the paperwork and pay Crestliner the warranty transfer fee. Then he has a problem and wants warranty on it. This is just a guess on my part because him not explaining things tells me there is more to the story. Would not be surprised to find a lawyer is involved.

I hope you get it fixed because it would be a tough situation. Crestliner has been around a very long time. You don't stay around as long as they have by mistreating customers. Original purchasers get warranty that does not come with a used purchase. I also wonder if this is one of the big mod v boats with a 200 on it. I think running a 200 on an aluminum fishing mod v type boat (except Xpress) is risky anyway in my opinion. I would sure want a warranty if I did it.
    Really - you're a funny guy - how do you know all that information? Do you ask yourself - "is it creepy that I am checking when this dude was last on the bbc".
    You lost all respect when you said "except Xpress". - SeaArk, Gator Trax, Lund, Hankos, etc,etc,etc are all better boats than an Xpress.

16. Member
    I think hull gauge plays a big factor in these big aluminum boats.They keep making them bigger but they don’t make the hulls thicker. Thicker is better.Look at all the aluminum boats hull gauge and some of the problems they have .It speaks for itself

17. Banned

It looks like from his twitter feed that he got a new BassCat Pantera.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToujoursPrey View Post
    Really - you're a funny guy - how do you know all that information? Do you ask yourself - "is it creepy that I am checking when this dude was last on the bbc".
    You lost all respect when you said "except Xpress". - SeaArk, Gator Trax, Lund, Hankos, etc,etc,etc are all better boats than an Xpress.
    Not meant to be creepy......but when a guy comes on here and bashes an iconic brand like Crestliner it got my curiosity up.....especially when left hanging with a bad taste when called it poorly made. I don't think it is fair.

I thought maybe he had not seen the question about if it was used, registered and in warranty. Pretty easy to find out with one click and a look to see if he has probably seen it. I asked some questions that he should have answered after bashing them and disappearing. I thought - well, maybe he has not been on here to answer and clarify --- so, I looked.

As for Xpress, I say that because of my experience with them. I have been around them a lot and have a fishing buddy with a x19 and a 200 SHO.... Also I mention them because of their thickness of the aluminum in the hulls of the bigger boats with big HP motors. I am not familiar with some you mention because there are not any of them down here. But there are a lot of Xpress and they have proved themselves able to handle the big HP motors. Maybe the others have too, but there just are not any down here. Also did not include the deep V hulls. Some of them can run with big motors easily. I just happen to know for a fact that Xpress can and has for years.
    RT188

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12