2019 trx21 vs phoenix921

Thinking of a new boat and looking for input on rough water ride, speed and layout of the 2019 trx21 vs phoenix921. Both would be merc 250 4stroke.

Thank you
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

2. Member
    Ride would probably go to the Triton unless you look at a 21PHX then it’s probably a toss up. Speed will be close between a TRX and 921, but Phoenix have a little more chine walk. Layout would be 100% user preference but I’m a fan of the new Phoenix’s and they have some nice options, like a power distribution block in the drivers rod locker for wiring in graphs. Personally my next boat will probably be a 721 because they are the closest thing to the old TRs on the market in my opinion. That could be positive or negative to some.
    1997 Triton Tr-21
    1999 Johnson 225HO

3. Member
    Triton all day and twice on Sunday.

GaBass 21:
    A Tr-21 with a Johnson 225HO is a rocket, but you probably need a fuel sponsor!

4. Member
    Rough water ride...21trx hands down
    Speed...gotta give it to the 721
    Layout...that’s personal preference. I personally like the 21trx.
    And then there’s the trailer...triton gets the nod since they ditched the marine marine master that Phoenix uses.

5. Banned
    This^^^^^^

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Triton all day and twice on Sunday.

GaBass 21:
    A Tr-21 with a Johnson 225HO is a rocket, but you probably need a fuel sponsor!
    Haha I would if I ever fished more than a mile from the ramp. After 3 tournaments this year I think I've burned 15 gallons of gas. Just put new plugs in it before the season and she's screaming again.
    1997 Triton Tr-21
    1999 Johnson 225HO

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ch View Post
    Rough water ride...21trx hands down
    Speed...gotta give it to the 721
    Layout...that’s personal preference. I personally like the 21trx.
    And then there’s the trailer...triton gets the nod since they ditched the marine marine master that Phoenix uses.
    What year did they ditch marine master?

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

Quote Originally Posted by jbabin76 View Post
    What year did they ditch marine master?
    In 16 or 17. My 15 had a mm trailer

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

9. Member
    Triton of course, too many wings and feathers on the Phoenix.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GaBass21 View Post
    Haha I would if I ever fished more than a mile from the ramp. After 3 tournaments this year I think I've burned 15 gallons of gas. Just put new plugs in it before the season and she's screaming again.
    Easy 75, right?

11. Member
    Speed is relative. The 921 is a longer boat. a 721 is more comparable lengthwise to a 21trx. Both are amazing boats. The top two boats out there in my opinion. You sit a lot lower in a triton than a phoenix, which is something to take into consideration. Both layouts are awesome. Both have an awesome rough water ride regardless of it being a phx boat or not. The phoenix will handle corners better. I have a 921 and my partner has a 21trx and i dont miss either boat when im fishing in them they both are solid.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Easy 75, right?
    With a 3-Blade, yeah. I run a 4-blade most of the time and with a full tank of gas, 2 guys and tournament load its a steady 72-73. I've actually seen 78+ unloaded with a 3-blade.
    1997 Triton Tr-21
    1999 Johnson 225HO

13. Banned
    I was under the impression the ditch of marine master started in 2018. I could be wrong. The new trailers look very close to the marine master ones. Hard to tell who made what. Back to the org post. Ride goes to Triton. Storage toss up.
    Last edited by jbtriton80; 05-01-2019 at 08:56 AM.

14. Member
    Customer service goes to Phoenix by a long shot you can call the factory and get any problem or any questions answered try calling Johnny Morris I put a nick in my 721 called Tim stop by the factory on my way to Fl they fixed it for free

15. Member
    Customer service goes to my local triton dealer, I don't have to call the factory.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler4 View Post
    Customer service goes to my local triton dealer, I don't have to call the factory.
    This.

I called Triton today thinking it was like the old days... tell Carol your hull number... what you need and have it next week. WRONG. I called and asked for Triton parts... the lady that answered said... have you called a dealer? When I told her no she said.. ummm that's what parts counters are for... I mean I guess she is right.. but dang... gota be a better way to say it.

My old dealer is gone so I guess we will see how this one works out.

For us that have boats that are a couple years old it seems like its gona be hard to get some parts. I inquired about a plastic tray that goes in the passenger side foot area and the "new Triton" acted like they had no idea what the parts guy was talking about.. actually told the guy, "we didnt build his boat so we dont know". Mind you guys my boat is a 2014 not a 2000. Great lake skipper is gona be our friend when it comes to parts.

I think Phoenix will win in this category.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

I agree with Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by jbtriton80 View Post
    I was under the impression the ditch of marine master started in 2018. I could be wrong. The new trailers look very close to the marine master ones. Hard to tell who made what. Back to the org post. Ride goes to Triton. Storage toss up.
    The old marine master were tubular frames and I know my 2918 is a channel frame so very easy to tell who made what. I was offered channel frame in 2017 so they either started then or late 2016
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

20. Member
    As a Triton owner and a BPT Boat Official who has ridden and observed in all the latest boat brands
    at 5 events this year, I’d go with Phoenix if I were buying a new bass boat today. The interior; seats, hardware etc., is superior, the fishing platform similar and the speed is surpassed only by a Bass Cat. The Phoenix ride is Triton smooth. The overall quality of the Phoenix seems superior to today’s Triton.
    I rode/worked in 3 new Phoenix 21 footers last week, 1 Triton 1 Ranger and 1 Skeeter.
    The Skeeters are too small a platform and Dont ride
    as well. The Rangers are slow and don’t ride as good as Triton or Phoenix. But the interior
    details of Ranger and Skeeter are the best. They just don’t perform as well to me.