Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Falcon bass boats

I know they are pretty new to the market but interested to know if most people
    buying them like them? Is this a brand that is going to last and gain a piece of the market?
    Thanks

Guy in my club has one. He’s happy with it. Good looking boat. Not the fit and finish of some boats, but not the price either.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

The one I saw at the Classic was pretty sweet in appearance. What I’ve read about the hull design seems to be be pretty solid.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

Got a local dealer 30 miles away selling them. Haven’t heard anything yet. I like stopping by dealerships occasionally and checking out their inventory. I seen an ad on them the other day. May have to take a look out of curiosity.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

5. Member
    I've crawled around different models at two different boat shows. Well laid out and they seem solid. B Lat drives one. You may want to check it out on his YouTube channel.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    I've crawled around different models at two different boat shows. Well laid out and they seem solid. B Lat drives one. You may want to check it out on his YouTube channel.
    I was trying to remember what pro had one. He has a youtube video from the factory and I believe another of a boat tour.

7. Member
    Wonder if the speeds will be closer to Phoenix's and Bass Cats or more like a Ranger?

8. Member
    From the research I have done on them they run low to mid 70s for speed. I was interested in one but due to the increase in demand their pricing went up about $7000 from last year. A F195 with a 200 and base items is now coming in around $50k.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewing View Post
    Wonder if the speeds will be closer to Phoenix's and Bass Cats or more like a Ranger?
    Ranger...I've had mine for a year and half and had no problems. It fishes great and rides great. As far as speed mine is a 68-69 mph boat. I don't think anyone would be disappointed with one. I've owned most of the major brands and you can nitpick any boat, but overall it's a good boat.

10. Banned
    Check this page out. Should have a lot of info for you... Dan

http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=213

11. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    BASS pro Brandon Cobb who just won the elite on Hartwell switched from Ranger to them. He seems to like them. He was doing pretty well in his Ranger on the FLW trail.

12. Member
    The guys that started it certainly have the pedigree for bass boat building, but the fit and finish is lacking on the ones I have seen and I have seen several at boat shows and such.

13. Member
    i took a tour of their facility and their building process. They are built very well and the rough water ride is phenomenal. The fit and finish looked great to me, but they don't offer many color choices. Not a real flashy boat like a phoenix, but I think well built. Also really like the way the rod box lids open up.

Not big on the way the large lockers open. Yeah I know the say there easier to use when not in the boat. Maybe and easier for everybody else not in your boat.

Most of the time I'm in my boat when I want to use them.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

What’s the money difference between the Falcon and Phoenix or Basscat?
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

16. Member
    I drew a guy with a 215 as a coangler in an Open - we ran a long ways in heavy traffic and I was completely impressed with the stability of the boat crossing wakes wide ass open, and how it handled moderate chop. Coming out of the locks with a group of Phoenix 921s, the boat I was in was 1-2 mph faster. It’s a huge boat. Also the most comfortable boat I’ve drawn for a co angler - tons of room for gear and rods. It’s a dang good boat.

17. Member
    Wiring quality is one of the best in the business.

18. Banned
    I would just be worried they won't be around at some point in the future like Legend, the next recession hits and you will see a bunch of these new companies go away.

19. Member
    Tim Depriest is one helluva guy and I’d trust anything he told or sold me. Steve is awesome also. They have enough combined knowledge to produce anything they want in the boating world. With all of these good things being said, it is important to get that dealer network because that has what has stopped me from owning one. It was very hard for me to find a Falcon dealer to take a paid off trade! I’m sure a lot of this will change in the future as they grow and keep producing awesome products.

20. Member
    Love my F195. Some minor fit and finish issues that I easily fixed myself. Keep in mind, the 195 and 205 share the exact same layout and many features. So the stuff I say below can apply to both. They are not flashy boats, they have a minimalistic, functional styling, from the simple gelcoat patterns to the rocker switches. To me, that's a huge plus.

Pros:
    - Wiring is great, relatively easily accessible. I was able to route all my ethernet wires for my Humminbird stuff as well as run wires for my hydraulic jack plate all by myself.
    - Layout is great, I personally love how the hatches open. I can easily access rods in or out of the boat. The bilge lids are also great. So easy to access the batteries. Also the bilge layout is great, tons of room, and everything is easily accessible. To access the pumps you just gotta remove the screws for the plastic mounting platform and take it off.
    - The F195 doesn't have the stability the wider 205 has. It does have decent speed, I think a Mercury 200 can push it 70+ mph.
    - Absolutely love that all their models use rocker switches. Instant tactile response. No fiddling with touch buttons. And if one goes bad? Very easy to replace. Touch buttons look nice.....but I'll take the old school rocker switches no question.
    - Solid standard options. Some brands (cough Nitro) advertise a price but with absolutely no amenities. Falcon includes stuff like retractable rod buckles and the remote drain plug as standard.
    - Just a real solid feel. It's hard to explain, but everything just feels tight. The compartment lids have heft, they don't feel cheap. They also have metal mounting plates. The gas struts feel solid. The switches feel great. It's hard to put it in words, but compared to some of the Nitros and Tritons I've sat in.....I can tell a difference.
    - Price. No boat is cheap nowadays, but I think the value of what you get here is amazing. You can get a decently optioned F205 with a 250 for $60,000.
    - Customer service is top shelf. Every time I had to talk to them, I was able to talk to the head builder Opie, or Steven himself. Come on man, that's just unheard of. Very nice and helpful folks.
    - Great storage, not a lot of wasted space. In my boat the rod lockers are carpeted, and everything else has white fiberglass.
    - I like big livewell and this bird has it. 38 gallons. I do think it helps with fish mortality. I didn't lose a single fish last tournament season. In fact, they were all very lively at weigh in, even in the summer. I also never had to use additives or ice.
    - Like I said, minimalistic styling. Not a ton of frills, but a ton of function. They designed the boat for ease of use and maintenance. I'll take that for sure.

Cons:
    - The 205 is known for it's gigantic deck and beam, but the 195 doesn't have that. I'd say the deck size is average. I do wish they carried the width further up. However, after a year I can't say I have any issue with it.
    - Some minor fit and finish issues. Had to re glue some gaskets. Some of the white fiberglass in the compartments feels a little rough. A portion of carpet in my rod locker was loose. All small quibbles I easily fixed myself.
    - The tube trailer is made by Marine Master. I haven't had any issues with it so far, but some one consider this a con.
    - I wish they put a strut on or redid the day box. The lid doesn't stay open because the gunnel stops it before it reaches 90 degrees. Makes it annoying trying to rummage through it. I may add a gas strut myself in the future
    - Wish they included a cup and plier holder at the trolling motor tray.
    - The rod tubes have a weird layout. I took mine out.

All in all, I'm pleased. If I ever go to a 20 footer the 205 will be at the top of the list.

Oh one more thing. The B. Lat build videos on youtube covers this, but the construction of the boat seems top notch. For example, they actually build a sub floor over the stringers, foam it in, and seal it. This ensures no water gets anywhere near the stringers.

WFYI4Dr.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by th365thli; 12-10-2020 at 02:42 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast