Speed control interferance?

Purchased puck transducer for my 858di clearly marked for HB 858 and now when the foot petal speed wheel is on any speed rather than 10 I have no bottom signal. The digidal signal go

up scale also . Could the speed control switch b causing this problem. Old transducer worked fine.

2. Member
    Check on the hummingbird web site for fixes to interference.

3. Member
    Jim, even if it is for the 858 it may not have the proper shielding for a trolling motor installation. The proper puck would start with XTM not XNT. The TM meaning trolling motor and the NT for transom. Even with the proper transducer you may get some interference. Then going to the HB site or the Humminbird forum here at BBC will lead you in the right direction. You must start with a "TM" transducer. Bob

4. Member
    Thanks bobcoy, thatsounds like what is happening.

5. Member
    It is the correct transducer, HB suggested the noise reduction be changed from low, which is the factory default setting to high 3. Worked somewhat better but I suspect that my HB is the problem. I ran the unit this morning with the old transducer and althow it worked some of the time I still lost the bottom signal . I want a Helix 9 and this may be the excuse I need

6. Member
    Even if you get a new one you will have to exchange the transducer for the XTM model if you are putting it on the troller. It won't cost anything but you will have to call and arrange the exchange. Also remember you might need a ferrite ring to clear the noise. You don't want that filter that high, you will loose some of the desirable stuff too. Bob