Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    It's not about you vs a new boat guy. It's about you vs boat manufacturers. It would cause chaos with their whole process. Workers would be laid off. It's a boat. Think of people before pleasures.
    2018 Phoenix 920 / Mercury 250R

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jphillips2546 View Post
    It's not about you vs a new boat guy. It's about you vs boat manufacturers. It would cause chaos with their whole process. Workers would be laid off. It's a boat. Think of people before pleasures.
    Says the guy with the new motor.

I understand what you're saying but this delay is pure and simple avoidable BS. Mercury screwed this up and their method of addressing it seems to be BS also. I have had a new 250 Pro XS four stroke ordered since Oct. 2018
    and still waiting. I've never been without a boat this long in 50 years. Every day goes by is another day I begin to open my mind to a different brand. Total BS.
    GETFISHED !!!

3. Member
    Enjoy the Suzuki. I hear decent stuff about them. I waited just like everyone else. It's the best out there and worth the wait.

4. Member
    Yep !.... Mercury shure “screwed the pooch” on this one !.... a lot more boat owners would be running the new 4 strokes ‘ if they would have only increased production ! gonna order a Sho next week !

5. Member
    Wasn't Yamaha just as backlogged as Mercury?

6. Member
    Yamaha was a year out before Mercury was last year. Not sure where they are now.

7. Member
    The new 4 stoke is worth the wait. It’s unreal you need to drive one before you buy a sho.

8. Member
    Johnny Morris told mercury that he wanted all new 4 strokes for his 4 boat companies. If not, he would go to Suzuki as they begging for business.

9. Member
    Not sure what everyone is being told as far as the availability on the SHO because i called a couple dealers and the ones that didn't have any in stock told me it would take 1-2 weeks to get onebut if it wasn't for having to change out the controls on my boat, not having a good yamaha mechanic near me and having to change my smartcraft I'd already have one and say the heck with this being without a boat for God knows how long.
    Last edited by FlaPhoenix; 05-20-2019 at 12:11 PM.

10. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpjumper2 View Post
    Johnny Morris told mercury that he wanted all new 4 strokes for his 4 boat companies. If not, he would go to Suzuki as they begging for business.
    You were there when he told them?

11. Member
    While Johnny is big, he is tiny compared to the 16 or so boat companies Brunswick owns...and they are not likely getting anything but a Merc...although you can order just a hull and have a dealer rig it...
    Last edited by MichaelJ3; 05-20-2019 at 12:47 PM.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

12. Member
    worth the wait, worth every penny
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

13. Member
    I hear ya. I probably gonna wait if I don't buy a new boat. But it still not right. Them boats with motors or just sitting there and my boat is sitting there and I'm not putting money back into the economy so I hope the people selling Ice, gas, etc.. don't get layed off. LOL

never going to happen.

15. Member
    Mercury sales are over a billion. I dare say that since their revenues have increased in 2018/2019 over previous years, that they have increased production, demand is high, and I would bet they care very little about a few moving to a different brand. I would even bet that if the new motor wasnt so well received that most would not have repowered to begin with. Some of you act like your waiting on a kidney. Give it time, it will be worth the wait in the end.

I should probably point out that demand is so high, some boat makers have an extra wait on boat orders as they are at times waiting as well.

16. mikesxpress
    Lots of speculation in this thread. Needs to be moved to the lounge where the zombie hordes of the unknowing can beat it to lower than whale dung.

I will say this.... I decided last fall too (Oct) to order a new Mercury 225 DTS 4S motor through a decent size dealer/manufacturer. Before I ordered, we reached out to Mercury and asked what there lead time was and they said 26 weeks or less due to a new production line coming on board. So, I decided with that being said, I would trade my motor in instead of giving cash. My motor was due in at the end of April. They asked us to call in middle of April to see status of shipment. Still today, they will NOT give an answer to any question. If you think that is good business practice, you must be out of your mind. It is now 30 weeks from order placed and still won't offer ANY info. Yes, they certainly dropped the ball somewhere, but they just don't care. I am stuck like many. Up here in NH, we can only fish 6-7 months a year. I have already lost 2 of them plus.

It is pretty sad to say the least. If I can sell my boat without a motor, I will buy a new boat and it will not have a mercury.... Just my 2 scents....(cents) (sense)
    2022 Triton TRX20 Patriot
    2019 Mercury PROXS 4-Stroke 250 2B529754
    HDS PRO 16, 12, & 10
    Active Target 2
    Lowrance Ghost 52"
    MK 10' Raptors
    Fury 3 Blade
    DOBYNS RODS
    MERCURY PRO TEAM Member

Michael2277nh@gmail.com
    https://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w546/Michael2277nh/20190607_184215_zpsoosxfdsh.jpg

18. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Lots of speculation in this thread. Needs to be moved to the lounge where the zombie hordes of the unknowing can beat it to lower than whale dung.
    I have to agree... so this one is done.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12