Vessel view voltage

I installed a vessel view last month on my 2012 ProXs serial 1B866339. I had the cowling off and noticed the bluetooth light blinking. I read that it should blink for 10 minutes after keying on then turn off. Mine has been blinking for the last week straight. Everything is working with the app and connects fine but I'm worried about the current draw from always being on. I have unplugged and replugged the 10-pin connector, the light is off until I turn the key on then it stays lit again. Any ideas?

2. Member
    TTT

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Might want to check and make sure the MPR is shutting down (and not sticking).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    What is an MPR and how would I check it?

5. Member
    Main Power Relay.....checked the a DVOM.

6. Member
    I finally got around to dealing with this and bought a new relay and it didn't solve the problem. When I had the relay disconnected I noticed that the vessel view still had power and was blinking one green light. Where do I go from here? Thanks

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Aft/Rear relay was the one you checked, correct?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Yes

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Just for grins and giggles: Turn key on, note lights.

Turn key OFF.

Disconnect 14 pin keyswitch harness plug inside the engine cowling.

Do the VVM Lights remain lit?

10. Member
    When I turn the key on the Bluetooth starts blinking and the smartcraft light stays on. When I turn the key off, the Bluetooth continues to blink and the smartcraft light turns off. I disconnected the 14 pin and the Bluetooth light still blinks.

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Is it possible that your bluetooth (connected) phone is remaining in range of the unit? If so, try taking the phone outside of it's general range, and see if the light ceases within 10 minutes or so.

12. Member
    No, I have tried that also. Completely uninstalled the app and disconnected the Bluetooth. I waited 20 minutes and took of the cowl. The VesselView is still blinking. The only way that I have found to get the lights to turn off is unplugging the VesselView.

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I suspect there may be a problem in that specific VVM Module, then. I would recommend emailing: support.vvm@mercmarine.com to see what they might have to add.