V20 neither keypad is working

New 2017 v20 been in the water about 10 times. Half way through fishing both my keypads stopped working. Breaker was not tripped but I reset and checked other fuses I can see. Any thoughts ?

2. Banned

Unfortunate to say the least. I've heard others mention the same problem, I guess the fix is replacing them. I have a new 2017 V20 with about 20 hours on it and am thinking about getting spare touchpads just in case (before they're impossible to locate). I've talked with Pete DuBois (Kody Bradbury's suggestion) recently who was extremely helpful. I don't know if Pete would have access to touchpads but maybe if you were to ask Kody he could point you in the right direction.

4. Member
    Greatlakesskipper.com has them. Thinking about getting a spare for my 16 V20.

5. Member
    Was checking all wiring and must have wiggled the problem away as they are both working fine.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SummitTackle View Post
    Unfortunate to say the least. I've heard others mention the same problem, I guess the fix is replacing them. I have a new 2017 V20 with about 20 hours on it and am thinking about getting spare touchpads just in case (before they're impossible to locate). I've talked with Pete DuBois (Kody Bradbury's suggestion) recently who was extremely helpful. I don't know if Pete would have access to touchpads but maybe if you were to ask Kody he could point you in the right direction.
    I believe they make the pads in canada and use them on logging machinery still and should for a good while longer, logos on the buttons may differ but the same pad.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    Was checking all wiring and must have wiggled the problem away as they are both working fine.

8. Member
    If it happens again try turning the ignition key on and then back off and try turning them on again. I had the same issue and starting reading through all my manuals. Apparently the keypads will go to sleep after a
    few minutes if you don’t have any accessories turned on when you turn the ignition off. The ignition switch has to be turned on in order to wake them back up. Don’t know that it will work in your case but I was ready to change over to toggles before I figured it out. No problems since.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    New 2017 v20 been in the water about 10 times. Half way through fishing both my keypads stopped working. Breaker was not tripped but I reset and checked other fuses I can see. Any thoughts ?
    https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/le...4-x-2-1-2-inch