About to give it up

Man I’ve never been in such a funk. I’ve fished about 14 hours over 2 days on the Bago chain with ZERO to show for it. Water temps in the mid 50 range in the channels and river. Zero. I’ve seen a few groups of baitfish, nothing. Flipped jigs, cranks, senkos, chatterbaits, jerkbaits. Main river, channels. I don’t know. I’ve never been skunked two trips in a row. Maybe it’s time to take up an easier hobby, like golf.

2. Member
    I’ve got two trips in this year too with nothing to show for it. My 11 year old son has 1 both trips. It’s super frustrating for sure. I have new electronics and the panoptixs and can’t catch a damn fish. Better times are coming but not this weekend ❄️ ⛄️
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

Unfortunately I have a club derby on Sunday. My 9 year old is coming with. Definitely not the way I wanted to start him in tournaments. I guess I’ll just fish close to take off in Oshkosh and cross my fingers lol.

4. Member
    The lake will be super rough and cold on Sunday. Go to butte de mortes and find a channel. Good luck.
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassaddic View Post
    Man I’ve never been in such a funk. I’ve fished about 14 hours over 2 days on the Bago chain with ZERO to show for it. Water temps in the mid 50 range in the channels and river. Zero. I’ve seen a few groups of baitfish, nothing. Flipped jigs, cranks, senkos, chatterbaits, jerkbaits. Main river, channels. I don’t know. I’ve never been skunked two trips in a row. Maybe it’s time to take up an easier hobby, like golf.
    I live in Fond du lac and usually would have been out by now a few times but the dirty water has been keeping me from going here on the south end.
    2023 Ranger 521R DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S

My first trip out was this last Wednesday and I got on a pattern that fish were hanging out at the base of hard cover on the bank that had sun on it. Makes sense why they were there but it took a while to figure what they bit and how they were biting it.

by the looks of the Anglers Choice out there sunday WInnebago smallies are back in a BIG way. 21.66 lbs of brown fish to win and 18 and cgange barely got you in the top 5. (5 fish limit)
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"